+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crash

Crash

I know this is quite delayed, considering the movie came out a few months ago...

If you haven't seen the movie Crash, I highly recommend it. It stars Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Don Cheadle, and many many more people that I recognized from other shows/movies that I can't list all of.

The movie is all about race-relations. It shows how we often judge people based on their heritage without knowing anything about their lives. For instance, a Middle Eastern man is refused a gun purchase because the store owner can't get past the idea that he may have ties to Al Queda.

It was made so well, I definately had a new perspective when I walked out of the theatre. One of those movies that makes you just want to sit and think about it for a while afterwards. What did the rest of you who saw it think of the movie?

you make me want to see it now

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    oooooooh, aloha... i see that we have some hawaiian spirit here.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Tone Guest
    Yeah I really want to see that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    oooooooh, aloha... i see that we have some hawaiian spirit here.

raverboy
    the spirit, yes (I love Hawaii), but the heritage, definately not. Notice I live in the predominately white Mormon Utah. Of course, we have good sized polynesian and hispanic communities.

Anyways, I'm not sure if "Crash" is out on DVD yet, but it's definately on my "to buy" list.

Mormon mecca... I was in Utah before - I have never seen so many blonde people in one state in my life, and it was CREEPY in the small towns. People would literally stop to watch me walk by. It must have been my brown hair. Thank god for my blue eyes, else they might have suspected I was the devil and lynched me!

I lovedd crash...it really made me think liek aloha mentioned....i was thinking about it for days after..and i saw the movie completely by chance...
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

i especially love this movie cuz i think theres something in the movie that everyone can take and relate to. altho some parts seemed rather far fetched and stereotypical. ludacris did a great job!

I saw this movie. While it was an interesting and well done film, however I doubt I would ever want to watch it again. It was just a little heavy for me at the time I saw it and so saturated with racial overtones that it just wasn't meant to be one of my favorites. A good movie though, I'd still recommend seeing it.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Someone recommended this to me. Should I see it? Any cute chicks get naked?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

I doubt it Lloyd but I think you should see it. I haven't but I plant o.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

wow, i STILL havn't seen this movie

i wanna see it soon

Tone Guest
    Me too... hey RK... wanna.... well I was just wonderin.. I mean if you're not busy or anything.... I mean you don't have to if you don't want to .. just somethin I was wonderin... well not so much wonder but I just want to ask... okay I'm goin to just ask now... but maybe... if you want we could... watch it... together.... atmyplaceonFriday.

Alright; I'm gonna rent it and burn a copy for me; I'll burn extra ones if you guys want one.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Thanks for the offer but I know someone *cough* who has Netflix.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast