+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pretty much an ending to me

Pretty much an ending to me

I knew this guy for 4 years, and for the whole 4 years he had a girlfriend. Earlier this year, they broke up because the girl cheated on him. Then, he started to text me and we hung out together more often. After 3 months of his breakup, he confessed to me. I said yes, but I wasn't ready to give my 100% to him yet, due to my previous relationships that ended badly. He assured me that he gave his 100% to me, was ready to fight for this relationship, and said that he had liked me for 2 years, but never said anything because he had a girlfriend back then. He was able to move on thanks to me. After a while of seeing each other, I finally put all my trust and commitment in him. Unfortunately, not long after that, he told me everything is going so fast, he's in a mess, he needed to figure himself out. The worst thing he said was to put this relationship 'thing on hold'. It was hard for me as I had started to give my all and he just backed out from it.
    I know there's a possibility and a very high certainty that I'm his rebound girl,or he hasn't really gotten over his previous relationship. He texted me once, said that he missed me, and I said I didn't want to make things awkward. Then he just changed the topic and refused to talk about it. I texted him the other day, but his replies seemed like he wasn't interested anymore. From the way I see it, putting this 'on hold' pretty much states that he wants to end this. I don't know, but maybe he thinks that he couldn't break up with me because it happened in less than a month and maybe he thinks that going out with me was a mistake. Am I wrong to think like this? What should I do now? I'm not even sure if I want to keep waiting anymore by the way he's treating me.

Putting things on hold means "let's take a break" which is a cop out way of saying "I want to break up with you".

I wouldn't wait for him if I were you. You were right to think that you were a rebound relationship. Move on and don't waste your time with him.

He is emotionally tied, between you, his ex, and being single. It's possible he has figured that a relationship isn't what he needs to be involved with and should just be single for awhile. I think you should just talk to him straight how you feel and say that it's not fair that he can't be striaght with you. Then go no contact, delete/block, move on.