+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How soon is too soon to ask a newly single guy out?

Have you asked him out yet? and if not why?

Maybe she's gonna pop the question today....

Lol at smackie9. The question was not popped lol. We did go out for drinks and had a really good time. Alot of touching on his part. My hair, my arms, my back, etc. Felt like he was puttin on the moves but I didn't take him home or anything. He did ask me out to dinner after our drinks though. I told him I'd check my schedule and get back to him. I waited two days and then told him I was in. Gotta keep him waitin lol.

So we're goin to dindin tmrw night. Do you think I should bring it up then that I'm not lookin to be a rebound or wait awhile longer??? Thoughts???

I'd wait and see how dinner goes- no sense in springing it on him randomly since it's only one dinner. But if he starts to have a talk with you about how he wants to see you again or how he feels about you, I'd bring it up then. Otherwise, I'd just let it be for now and enjoy the date and wait for when he brings up a conversation like that.

That's just my take, though- what do other people think would be a good idea?

I'd listen to Rowen. I think that would be too soon to bring that up. Unless he was trying to get in your pants or something..

Yah you two are prob right. I don't wanna get ahead of myself and then him be like chill grl I don't even like u like that lol

Damn rights you make him work for it. Monogamy before sex. Know where you stand before giving up the cookie.

Hahaha yes! I love u. Ur awesome lol

Making him "work" for it? Waiting two days to accept his invite even though you knew you weren't busy? This isn't going to work, and it has nothing to do with the guy.

You don't get it....she is making sure she isn't going to be used/rebound. It's a traditional dating strategy since the beginning of time so as to not look too eager or easy/sleazy. It's the trill of the chase to increase her value.

Make him work for it, meaning he needs to prove to her that his interests are in the right place before having sex.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    Making him "work" for it? Waiting two days to accept his invite even though you knew you weren't busy? This isn't going to work, and it has nothing to do with the guy.
    whoa slow ur roll. every girl waits a few days to get back to a guy about their plans. no one wants to seem eager or desperate. If we did u men will lose interest. it's a fact. and i don't really appreciate u implying that i would be the cause for things "not working". cuz fyi dinner went amazeballs last night and he wants to go out again aaaaaand i'm goin to wait a few days to get back to him again lol

Quote Originally Posted by so..umhey View Post
    whoa slow ur roll. every girl waits a few days to get back to a guy about their plans. no one wants to seem eager or desperate. If we did u men will lose interest. it's a fact. and i don't really appreciate u implying that i would be the cause for things "not working". cuz fyi dinner went amazeballs last night and he wants to go out again aaaaaand i'm goin to wait a few days to get back to him again lol
    You go girl! lol

I say go for it, but keep your ear to the ground for any rebound warning signs. Some people rebound, some people don't. There's nothing wrong with taking things slow to help you gauge how the two of you connect. He might appreciate this because he'll have some of the same thoughts on his own mind no doubt.

Have fun and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by so..umhey View Post
    Good luck.

Xyoh- thank u hun!!

Hdbadger: I'm thinkin ur not srs but its all good. thank u just the same

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123