+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend of 5 years broke up..Still there is love?

Girlfriend of 5 years broke up..Still there is love?

This may take a while to explain.

So in middle school, I met this girl that was probably out of my league at the time. I made her laugh and smile a lot and she eventually liked me. She asks me out. We literally do everything together from that point on. We had no other friends but eachother. Sure there were people in school, but we were inseparable. And we were that way for five years. We shared everything, she knows all of my passwords, problems, she can probably guess the birthday of each of my family members. See, I come from a broken home and she doesn't. I love her family like they are my own and she does to mine....

Where did it go wrong? Freshman year of college. I had made a few mistakes in high school... but in college it was tough. We went to the same school and lived in the same door albeit opposite ends. Well...she was placed in many different classes and met more people than I did, thus she had a larger friend base. Well...After a long time of fighting over nothing and me struggling in school while she does excellent..we break up. She says she is unsure where we are and she will know better by summer vacation. So now we went from talking every day to barely ever speaking. We rarely saw each other and it was really hard on both of us. But, she went on and found another guy from one of her classes. They were in the same group and thus, spent much more time together. Apparently, they start going on dates and end up liking each other. I have no exact time line on this though because we were basically on a no contact type thing ( i honestly just dont know it is all blurry to me). A month left until summer, and she is alone. Her room mate is gone and she is lonely, so she must have liked the guy towards the end of the year. Anyways, she asks if I want to spend the night with her and just talk. Well needless to say, I stay in her bed, we kiss and hold each other closely exactly like how it was in high school. But....right before we go to sleep at about 3AM...she whispers I love you. And I reply the same way. The next day I make her dinner and it all felt very normal .

After that weekend, we lost contact again. She said that night did not mean we were back together and said she shouldnt have done or said any of it. It is currently summer (obviously) now. I am a couple hours away for a job opportunity and her current boyfriend is about 5 hours away. Before I left, I told her that I know she still feels love for me. She says it is the type of love a family member shows. But I know, from that night when her room mate was gone that she does love me. She is scared that things between us will go south again I think? I visit everyother weekend...but she tries intentionally not to make anything personal. We went from explaining everything we did in a day too where I ask her what she did in a day and she replies "stuff." Can we resolve this? I still love her. And we are living together next year because we rented an apartment together with her room mate. I have dreamt about spending the rest of my life with her. I know she must have something inside there. She still laughs with me and looks at me directly in the eyes...How can I draw her away from her current guy friend? The last thing I want her to do is go and visit him.

Also, her current boyfriend is a pretty good guy. He is an ROTC cadet, is in higher level classes and isn't a total scum bag...

b u m p ?

Forget about her man. She have moved on and dont need you the way you need her. Better move on too. Shes a waste of time.

This will help you move on
    loveforum.net/threads/85672-Guide-How-to-deal-with-breakup
    Last edited by pcmaster; 26-05-14 at 11:57 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will