+ Follow This Topic

Thread: vacation sucks, now what?

vacation sucks, now what?

Hi all, sorry English isn't my native language.

I got to know this man (he's 41 and a divorcee) for about 4 months and it was a long distance relationship.

Recently, we planned a 1 week vacation so we could get to know each other better, and here's the thing, we couldn't get along well. Our communication went downhill, we got to see our crazy annoying sides and there were few arguments here and there. I still can't fathom the part where we used to talk a lot on the phone and boy, it was as if we were the most compatible item ever.

Anyway, we did talk things out at the end of our trip and I believe we both evaluated each other weaknesses, flaws, best bits, etc. It was a struggling one. We tried our very best to forget certain incidents during the trips and just have fun..rather forcefully I must say. However, after flew back to our cities.. things are starting to stale. I know we both are still feeling bitter and sore from the trip.

The last communication was, I called him to see if he was okay, which led to discussion - 'do you still want this'. He wasn't very sure and still sounding bitter. And yet, he didn't want to end this relationship completely. Maybe he needed space. Time? Hell, I don't know.

I don't know what I should do now. I do agree trips/vacations can either strengthen OR ruin your relationship but on the positive side, I know what to expect and how to compromise..well, within limits. I can see pass the wounds, and to further build better solutions but not everyone does or feel the same way. I think he is still evaluating all these, it's almost as if he is already losing interests in me. Move on? Check on him again?

Thanks for reading guys, any feedback is much appreciated.

You went on holiday with some guy you hardly knew and discovered that you two don't get along together. You barely know each other so why prolong the agony and dump him. And in future why not try dating locally - saves a lot of this online long distance bullshittery which is just a big waste of time.

If it sucked so bad why are u even asking for advice? If u two didn't get along then end it!! Long distance relationships hardly work out in the end anyways. I'm sure u can find someone local who you connected better with