+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I Still Have A Chance??

Do I Still Have A Chance??

Hello all...I have made a couple mistakes with my gf lately. I made a sarcastic that hurt her feelings and there was an instance where someone made a joke about her laugh and I didn't "have her back" because I didn't say anything about it. We have been text only for two weeks. She has said she misses me, and she wants to get together and talk but doesn't know when. She has asked if I still consider us to be together. I told her I honestly didn't know, but I don't want to give up on us and we need to talk about this. She didn't reply to that until three days later (last night). She said she has been dealing with some family matters. She wants to actually talk and not text because text can be misread. She has been too busy to put too much thought toward this. I told her family comes first and let me know when she has time. What does the sentence in bold mean? If I was a priority or she wanted to be with me wouldn't she be thinking about this?

OK, I don't know what you said that was sarcastic and hurt her feelings, so I can't comment on that. But what's this about you "having her back?". Why does she need you to defend her - is she unable to defend herself? Can she not pay it back to someone who insults her?

Seems to me this may need some consideration on all fronts. Yes, you shouldn't have been sarcastic at her - especially given that she seems to be rather fragile. But do you want a fragile girlfriend? It just seems to me like you would be better suited to a girl who can fight her own battles.

What does the sentence in bold mean? It's quite possible it means she's been too busy to put much thought towards this. It could also mean that she's put it to the back of her mind and is letting her subconscious deal with the issue before she rushes into any decision. Kind of like "sleeping on it" but for days instead of overnight.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The sarcastic comment I made was at a ballgame. We got food and I was paying for it and she pulled $2 out and I said "oh way to contribute". It was a sarcastic joke because she does contribute. We talked about it, everything seemed ok. The have her back thing came from a party where someone made a joke about her laugh. We both brushed it off because it was stupid. Later I find out she doesn't think I have her back because I didn't say anything about it. This stems from the ballgame where my friend made a joke about me and she said something in my defense. I see what you mean about her not having time to put too much thought toward this. If she is busy and has a lot going on, especially family stuff, I can understand this taking a backseat. For two weeks though? This has just been bothering me because I don't know where I stand. We have also been on text only contact for two weeks. No talk and no seeing each other.
    Last edited by NoIdeas1; 29-06-14 at 11:20 PM.