+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with a married co-worker

In love with a married co-worker

We both work in a hospital. He has been flirting with me for over a year. Last few months we became very friendly, see each other all the time, chat. It does not happen with anyone else at work, I know I am not imagining things. He recently told me he and his wife are complete opposites. They have two kids who are grown up, I am married with two young children and my marriage has been rocky for more than two years. We haven't been intimate in over 6 months. The married co-worker is 15+ years older than me. I cannot stop thinking about him. Last month I noticed he is not around me at work as he used to be before. He says hi and sometimes avoid chatting with me, even though he used to be the one to initiate every conversation and tried to be around me every chance he got. Well, a week ago he saw me and said he wanted to give me a compliment. He told me I am beautiful and stylish. Ever since I have not been able to get him off of my mind. I did see him at work every day since then, and again he has not been as chatty as he used to be before. I don't understand what he is trying to do. I am a mess. I have strong feelings for him. Sorry if this story sounds confusing, I am confused :-(.

You've been given a get out of jail free card. If something had happened between you two, what then? Would you break up your family? And even if you would, would he break up his own? He's pulling away because he doesn't want to risk being unfaithful. Obviously he still values what he has at home. Do not mistake flirtations or compliments as a sign of something real, deep and meaningful. Take it for what it is.

If you're unhappy in your marriage, you should think about separation before anything else.

Please don't drive yourself crazy.... it's not worth it. I met A at work but when we started seeing each I changed departments and now we don't even see each other at work and our home life is great . If it ever went bad between you and this guy seeing him at work would be horrible for you, that's how it usually gets. Clean up your marriage before you "think" of another man.
    I LOVE ... US