+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have an obsessive crush that is starting to ruin my life, what do I do?

I have an obsessive crush that is starting to ruin my life, what do I do?

So, I have a huge crush on this Korean pop star named Taeyang. He is just so hot and I think he's perfect. He's almost all I think about. He is super cute. The problem is, I think other normal guys are not as good as him. I dated this guy for a few months, but during that time was when I got into Korean pop music. When I first saw Taeyang, I fell in love. Everything about him is just so flawless. His hair, his eyes, his body, and everything else. Ever since my crush on him, I thought my boyfriend was just not attractive anymore and not good enough. Every time we kissed and hung out, I always pretended it was Taeyang. So, I dumped him and told him the reason why. He thought I was really shallow for that and I'm mad at myself for doing it. Taeyang is taking over my life. When I was in school, my grades dropped because instead of studying for finals, I was watching his music videos and variety shows. I'd rather be watching him than hanging out with my friends. Every time I see girls touching on him in music videos I get mad and jealous. I really need to control this crush on him I have, but it's completely out of control. What do I do?

How old are you exactly?

Cause what you're describing would be fairly normal and not out of the ordinary for a 13-15 year old.

If the person is around 20 on the other hand, It would be unhealthy and super creepy, and it would be a good idea with professional intervention (a psychologist) before we see concrete real life actions, restraining orders and official status of being a stalker.