+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure if I should continue dating a guy...

Not sure if I should continue dating a guy...

I started falling for a guy a few months ago, and a few days later, he asked me out. It's clear that he likes me a lot. We have a ridiculous amount of things in common. He's a really nice guy, and a gentleman, but I don't really feel for him anymore. It's possible that I jumped at the chance, since this is my first relationship. There are other people I like, such as my best friend (male), and a boy who is a distant relation of mine (by marriage). I'm not sure if I should continue with the relationship or take a risk and let him go... Help please.

hey lady i dont think that you should be in a serious relatiopnship rite now until you are sure of what you want now if at anytime you think that you really are ready you will know because you will lways find others sexy or whatever but they wont have anything on your man and once you feel that way then you know you found him!
    No More Worries

maybe you lost interest in him because he was giving too much. I know that feeling. If there is an imbalance in your relationship already I don't think it is easy to fix. But if you stop dating him and therefore won't have his attention anymore or he starts dating someone else your feelings might come back and you might regret it. Especially if the other guys you like are not interested in you.
    Also, feelings get stronger over time. You might not feel a lot now since it is the beginning and you don't have a history but if you continue dating him your feelings might grow stronger (hormones, nice memories). It depends on your situation.
    If you are not sure at this moment you could just try to have a good time with him and see if your feelings grow or if you just become sure that he is not the right guy for you. Maybe you even have a little fear of missing out on opportunites if things get more serious with him. You need to find out for yourself where these feelings come from, maybe then the decision will be easier. But if you are not completely sure better don't drop him over nothing - trust will be broken and he might not even take you back.