+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i continue to try

should i continue to try

ok so i've never posted on this forum before but i'd like an anonymous opinion on my situation. I dated this girl for 5 months. we've been past the i love you stage, but she broke up with me 4 months ago because "she didn't think i loved her." for the past 2 months we've been trying to make it work but i haven't got more of an effort from her than being able to hang out once a month. Given she's on her last year of school and is taking summer classes, but i think she would want to spend more time together than once a month... is it cause she's hesitant to trust me again (for whatever the **** her reasons are). Or is she having second thoughts and this doesn't mean anything to her?

Jarhead....if I read correctly....five months together - broke up four months ago because she thought you didn't love her - this means she broke up after one month (!!!) because you didn't love her??? The girl is crazy - you can't love someone after just one month together. Infatuation, certainly. But not love.

Forget about wondering how she may feel about you. Trying to understand why someone acts the way they do will just drive you crazy.

Instead, think about your needs from a relationship. Do you want a girlfriend who sees you more than once a month? Do you want a girlfriend who understands the difference between love and infatuation? Do you want a girlfriend who treats you as you want to be treated? If yes, then she's the wrong girl.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.