+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just split up

Just split up

Ok so me and my ex just broke up at the weekend. We was going ok, but towards then end it was getting complicated but we knew it would be ok after a few weeks when everything calmed down.
    However on the Wednesday we spoke and he thought I was trying to end it. So on the Thursday we went for a meal and he was joking oh I can't believe you was going to end it blah blah. Just mucking around.
    Then on the Friday I went out with mates, got drunk and said what day are we meeting on the weekend? He didn't reply so I text back saying as we haven't picked i'm gonna go on a bar crawl I won't be able to see you this weekend but I'll ring you tomorrow. The next day he text me saying he has been thinking about us for a while and he wants to be on his own as it's not going anywhere. I just responded with ok but please delete my number. My first question is, if he was thinking about it for a while why didnt he end it on the Wednesday when he thought I was going to?

Later that day he sent me a funny video and we spoke about the video and that was end of convo and I haven't heard from him since. I really miss him, do you think he sent that text to see what I would say? Should I send him a message saying I miss him and want to give this relationship another chance?

Sorry for the long message 😊 thank you to anybody who reads this or replies

In a way I think he actually meant it for real, don't read too much into it. If you want your answer then just ask him directly because at this stage assumptions will only mislead you. Focus on what is important and what you want to know, not what you may be thinking. It doesn't hurt to just try, and if it fails well I'd say bad luck. He probably still has feelings but because of a slight misunderstanding it he saw it as "not going anywhere" so he is most likely trying to move on.
    What you want sometimes may be your brain only seeking the comfort and satisfaction. But what you really want to do with your gut feeling, instinct and heart is reality.

Pardon me if i'm not seeing something here but, if you didn't wish to break up with him why on EArth would you say, "ok, but please delete my number"
    Because from where I'm sitting, sounds like your getting what you wanted, your freedom.

But if you said that because you were hurting, you need to man up (even though your female) and put it all out there. Want him back? Shed the shyte, play no games and tell him the truth. You miss him, you want him back, your sorry, you'll respect his wishes...you said some mean things.