+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will she or won't she? It's complicated!

Will she or won't she? It's complicated!

Looking for your help folks. There's a girl who, up until a month ago, had been a work colleague of mine for almost 12 years. We've always been close friends but never had any romantic interludes. However, in the last four months, our relationship has progressed. We've spent a fair bit of time together outside of work and on several occasions, things have gotten quite intimate.

Since we are no longer colleagues, I feel that the avenues have opened up for us to have a proper relationship. I know that's what I want. But I'm confused as to whether she does too.

I won't lie when I say that these 'intimate' occasions happen exclusively when alcohol has been consumed. And it seems obvious to me on these occasions how she feels about me. However, in the cold, sober light of day, she seems a bit more stand-offish with me and although we chat daily on text, she very often rejects the opportunity to see me. Even if it's just for lunch or a cuppa.

Which is the true reflection of her feelings? Does she genuinely feel something for me? Or is there no chance of that and she's simply embarrassed by her actions? Despite me telling her not to be!

Oh, and just to complicate things further, she's 14 years older than me and has four kids, all under the age of 11, from 2 previous relationships. But, such are my feelings for her, none of it puts me off.

So, do I pursue this? Or quit while I'm ahead? Many of the signs say I should get out. But, I can't help how I feel. :-(

Usually if there are signs beforehand, that's always a good indicator you shouldn't. Of ciurse, people ignore signs everyday. A stop sign, for instance. Do what you feel is best for you. But ultimately, as much as I love kids, they would be a bit of a turn off for me. I'd have to REALLY evaluate if I want to invest my time despite the obvious penalty flags.