+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend Has Doubts About Our Future and Our Relationship

Girlfriend Has Doubts About Our Future and Our Relationship

My girlfriend, whom I am at long distance with, is having doubts about our future and whether or not we will be together. She used to have so much belief before, but through a combination of things, she is starting to doubt, and I don't know how I can help her bring her trust and faith level back up.

It's hard to say if we had a traditional "honeymoon" stage because when we first met, I was going through very big issues in my own life. Despite this, she wanted to be with me, because she said she wanted to be my perfect girlfriend. However, because of my personal issues, we had a lot of our own issues. Fast forward a year later, things have gotten a lot better. We don't really argue or have those issues anymore. We had out last argument maybe 2 or 3 months ago, and my personal issues have died down since we got into a relationship, and are pretty much gone now.

However the issue is that she now believes that we are not compatible and that she is not an ideal girlfriend for me. She feels like she can't make me happy or do the things that I want. She believes we have different needs. Finally, she has doubts about whether or not we will even be together in the future because we are at long distance, and the personal issue left a consequence where I may have some difficulty trying to gain a permanent residency in her country.

She tells me she appreciates how things have changed, and she loves me, and she feels fulfilled and happy from my efforts. But she personally believes her efforts are not enough for me. I admit that during the bad stage of our relationship, there were many times I complained, but it's been a long time since then. She makes me happy, and she does do it, but I'm not really the kind of person who easily shows that I am thankful or happy. Right now she's still with me, but if we have a serious talk, it is usually about the fact that she has doubts about our relationship. I don't know what I can do to encourage her once again...

When do u guys spend time with eachother? If the answer is not often, then neither of your needs are being met and no one is really happy in the relationship. Sounds like she is losing interest.