+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fianc'e Problems- No Intimacy and Online Flings

Fianc'e Problems- No Intimacy and Online Flings

I've known my fianc'e for almost six years, been dating five years and engaged the past six months. We are both in our mid/late 20's.

We get along extremely well, have the same interests and life aspirations. We click on so many levels, enjoy each others company and are all in all a great fit for each other.

All would seem like it was going fine looking in.

However, there are small cracks in our relationship that are starting to worry me.

I know having regular sex is only a very small part of a strong relationship, but we have not even come close to anything intimate in the last six months. When we get into bed at the end of the day to go to sleep, it is a quick peck on the cheek to say goodnight and then we both roll over and go to sleep. I try to cuddle and kiss a little bit longer. I try to initiate some sort of physical touch but she is never interested, always saying she is tired, not that into it, or just snaps at me saying she isn't in the mood.

I've tried the talking through our problems approach, which has worked extremely well in the past for other issues. I've asked her is she still attracted to me, does she find me physically attractive, why she doesn't want to do anything intimate, etc. She just says she just isn't that into it anymore, is tired all the time (from work and exercise and life in general). I've tried arranging date nights, cooking her chef inspired dinners, picnics in the park, weekends away but nothing seems to work.

I'm feeling pretty helpless and don't know where to turn.

I feel awful for doing this, but recently I've signed up for an online "fling" website, which is like online dating but the reason for meeting up is obviously different. I even went as far as topping up the account with $50 of real money to but "credits" so I could message people. I've got to the point where people have arragned a meeting time and place and wanted to exchange phone numbers. When ever it gets to that point a huge amount of guilt and dissapointment comes over me and I always pull out and not talk to that person for fear of meeting them, sending my world crumbling if anyone ever found out about it. The reason I joined is because I wanted some sort of excitement and the feeling of a woman 'wanting me physically' which I'm not getting at all with my fianc'e. I feel terrible for doing this.

I'm really quite stuck. I'm frustrated with the situation but when I try to fix it with my fianc'e it isn't happening. I understand she just isn't into being physical and sex was never a big part of our relationship at the beginning whilst we were dating (perhaps having intimacy once every fortnight or so).

Where do I turn?

What do I do?

I love this woman deeply but I feel stuck.

I might not be in the best state to offer a good opinion on this. I will try. Is she comfortable with herself? I know I had a similar situation a long time ago and she had become very self conscious of herself. she had gained a little weight and had to make sure the room was dark. I sat down and had a conversation with her and she had told me that she felt like she was just uncomfortable with herself and that she feels like she was gross. She is a very beautiful woman and from that point on I always made sure to tell her how attractive she was and how much I liked "seeing" her. It may just be her being self conscious.