+ Follow This Topic

Thread: we both love each other.. but she is engaged.. need help

we both love each other.. but she is engaged.. need help

Hi lately i have been going through a lot of stress and i don't know how to deal with the situation. I don't know what is rite and wrong.

My girl got engaged a month back to a guy her family chose for her. She told me he is a nice person who understands her and makes her laugh.. but he is like any other friend to her and she still loves me.

She told me she wants us to continue being as we are even after she has got engaged. I told her that i feel that is wrong and we should try and be friends, to which she told me she is going to get married in the next 7 to 8 months and will fly to US. And wants to spend the time she has with me. I made her understand that letting her go would not be possible for me if we don't reduce to being friends, to which she told she understands but doesn't want me to vanish out of her life and to reduce our relation to friendship slowly over the period of time.

And just to get somethings clear, she is not trying to use me or is being selfish. We both tried our best to convince our families for our future but due to religion barrior it didn't work out.

Now i don't know what is rite and what is not. At times i feel its wrong and i should move away as she should get involved with the guy she is engaged to and am coming in between them. And at times the feelings i have for her makes me sad and makes me feel why am i keeping a distance when she helself doesn't want me to move away.

Please help.. i want to know what is running in her mind.. should i mainatain distance or spend the time with her that we are left with.

Get away from her. ZERO contact so that you can get over one another and she can give her open heart and mind to her husband. Do you want her to be half in an arranged marriage and always pining and sad to be with you or do you love her enough to do the UNSELFISH thing and get out of her life so she can learn to love who her parents have chosen for her? I hope you're not the selfish type.

I really wonder why you people that have to marry who your parents choose for you get involved with people that you know one day you're going to have to leave... what a waste of emotional investment.

I think y'all read Romeo and Juliet and thought you'd check out what they went through... O.o
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She had made the choice to follow her parents wishes, so that should tell you that you are not worth it to her to risk losing it all. The quicker you let go the better. Move on and meet someone new.....you have no choice but to let her go.

If she get engaged then I think you must forget and move ahead in your life also.