+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A classic dilemma, but really need some advice.

A classic dilemma, but really need some advice.

Evening!

I'm posting here in hope of some advice to what I can do.
    I met this girl a few weeks back who studies the same bachelor as I do. This week our study organization had a four-day trip where we rented a ton of rooms close to a skiing resort, and this girl was here aswell.

The last two days we spent a lot of time together, mostly intoxicated with alcohol, but sober aswell. We slept together the two last nights, but we didn't have sex, as another girl also slept in the same bed as us the one night, and the other night we crashed on a couch in a random room. So we just made out and the regular touching.

I'm writing this post mainly because I would really like to hang out with her as I would like to know her better. I'm thinking of asking her tomorrow if she would like to come over and watch a movie and cook some dinner with me, is this too soon? Should I wait more than a day? We watched a couple of movies these days before falling asleep (Mullholland Drive and The Shining) as i hadn't seen them, and she said "we should make a list of movies we can watch", as she haven't seen Fight Club, I can probably use that when asking her.

And another question: I feel that she might be interested because when we woke up in the morning and were sober we still cuddled and made out and just had a good time together, and usually when it's just a random nights stand it's often not like that. So do you think she will be thrown off a bit by me asking her to hang out with me tomorrow, or do you think she might see it coming, and perhaps feel the same way?

I can tell this post is not extremely structured, it's late and I'm tired, but I would just really like to get someone elses advice on this, so I can wake up later and reply and look through them.

TL;DR: Slept with the same girl two nights in a row on a trip, would like to ask her to hang out with me.

Sythmod, I don't know any girl who's ever complained about a guy calling her too soon.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Sythmod, I don't know any girl who's ever complained about a guy calling her too soon.
    Alright, thanks! Will see how it goes.

Okay, so two things. One, I appreciate the TL;DR version, but if anybody needed that, then I think the problem is them and not you. LOL! Maybe it is just me, but your post was not THAT long that it needed a TL;DR version. I should know. I can go on and on and on sometimes.

Secondly, I don't think most women would cuddle and make out with somebody in whom they are not interested. So, I would think that's a pretty clear sign she likes you. Granted, it's not like it's 100%. Nothing ever is. She could just be wanting to have a little fun right now, and not really be interested in actually going out. You won't really know unless you ask.

The good news is she obviously at least likes you to some degree. So, if you do ask and she is really only interested in a little fun and nothing serious, there is no reason it should make her feel uncomfortable. Of course, you will then have to decide if you are okay with that, or if you really want more (such as an actual relationship). Really, there is nothing wrong with it if you are looking for something serious, just the same as there is nothing wrong with it if she is not. For the matter, the reverse is true as well. But, if you two don't match up in that regard, then it is best to move on, at least unless that happens to change and you later do.

Anyways, I think I am getting a bit ahead of myself here. Like I said, you won't know unless you ask. So, give it a try. You at least know she likes you to some degree, so it won't be completely as uncertain as it typically is when asking somebody out. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    ... Or one who cooks her dinner for that matter.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I don't know about that. Never seems to work for me. I mean, I even served the meal with some fava beans and a nice chianti. I think some people are just food snobs. :-D

It sounds like she'll be okay with hanging out with you tomorrow