+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my girlfriend pregnant?

Is my girlfriend pregnant?

I'm afraid my girlfriend is pregnant. My girlfriend started her menstrual cycle on the 26th of January. We had unprotected sex the day after her period which I think was the 31st but I pulled out. We had protected sex on the 7th of February but the condom broke and I finished inside her. She took Plan B 4 hours after we had sex. Now she's experiencing weird symptoms. Every symptom she has I think is because she pregnant. She been really sick for the past couple days with flu like symptoms throwing up and everything. She had a light period on the 12th but it was very light and lasted 2 days and than stopped. She been taking a whole bunch of ibuprofen (about 15, 200 mg pills in 2 days). Could this be why the period stopped? I'm freaking out and thinking that it's implantation bleeding. Her period is suppose to start February 23rd. Why would it start so soon? Does Plan B do this? I'm extremely worried.

Why don't you buy a pregnancy test kit to find out? Smh....

She could have concieved both those times using the pull out method or when the condom broke as both dates were within ovulation.. get a test and tell her to stop taking meds. If you suspect shes pregnant that those pills are all harmful to the baby. She needs to find out if she is pregnant or not and then you can discuss options but should she decide to keep the baby, j
    it is not wise to fill her body with toxic substances
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

She's unlikely preggers and well done to you guys for having the good sense to get plan B in the works. Plan B will make her feel quite ill because it fks with one's hormones. That hormone disruption should even itself out shortly.

To ease your minds, do what "dontaskme" above said and go out and get a pregnancy test, actually get two and then do them both.

In the meantime, tell her to take Tylonol for any pain just in case (unlikely) that she is pregnant as it's safe for both mother and child. If you're going to get an abortion (if in the unlikely chance she is pregnant) then it doesn't really matter what she takes for pain.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion