+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i contact a guy i haven't talked to in 10 years?

Should i contact a guy i haven't talked to in 10 years?

it's been 10 years since the last time i talked to this guy on the phone. we have not seen each other personally (he wanted to, but i was hesitant). we were talking constantly on the phone late 2004 and early 2005. we kind of developed feelings for each other even though we have not really seen each other in person although we saw each other on pictures and we constantly call and text each other. one time i just completely ignored his calls and he never called ever again. he told me he'll leave me alone because i did not want to be bothered.

from time to time, i think of him until now even though it has been 10 years. i have found him on facebook and i wanted to message him and apologize to him for ignoring his calls and for not giving him an explanation. but i am also kinda nervous. so, should i message him on facebook and ask how he is doing? because i am really bothered and i have a strong feeling that i should do it. what do you guys think? i really need help and suggestions or opinions on this. thanks

What does his relationship status say?
    What is your relationship status?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

i have a boyfriend and he is single. i just want to apologize to him nothing more. it will give me a sense of relief when i tell him the things i've always wanted to tell him!

Quote Originally Posted by inalielle View Post
    i have a boyfriend and he is single. i just want to apologize to him nothing more. it will give me a sense of relief when i tell him the things i've always wanted to tell him!
    Then don't bother contacting him is my suggestion. You don't need to apologize to someone you haven't talked to in 10 years. Quit trying to find people that you still obviously have feelings for... instead do the mental work you need to do to forgive YOURSELF and find your piece of mind that way.

You've never even met this guy so really DO stop keeping him in your mind the way you've been doing. Such a waste of your energy.

Leave him alone now.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It's been a decade. I'm sure he's moved on. There's no need for apologies, it's done, so much time has lapsed...why would you even bother.