+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cheating

Cheating

Hi I have been in a long distance relationship with a guy. It has been on and off for a few years. He is younger than me and tends to be distant sometimes (choosing not to answer texts etc). He has an ask.fm account and I recently discovered he may be in a relationship with a new girl to my shock sharing messages with her over ask.fm. I texted him asking if he had met someone new and he didn't reply and deleted the ask.fm thread with new girl. In the past when we broke up he told me it's over and didn't just ignore me. He refuses to tell me he has a new gf. Any ideas why?! He doesn't want hurt me or wants to protect new girl or what? Thanks

Maybe he wants to keep both of you on his string.

Maybe he's a coward.

You and we can speculate all we may want, but the bottom line is what does it really matter? It sounds like this guy can barely be bothered to give you any attention. So why bother to give him yours? Granted, long distance can be hard. Maybe it isn't working for him. But, he can at least be a man and tell you that instead of being a petulant child playing ridiculous games. So, I'm personally not sure that what and why, or even the who matter at all. You deserve a more attentive partner. If that isn't him, then you deserve somebody who will give you the attention they should. Preferably somebody geographically close enough for you to see each other in person regularly.

If you feel something is wrong it almost always is, so listen to that and try to go visit him, LDR are hard to maintain and people will drift away towards others, again online or IRL.