+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he cheating on me with his ex?

is he cheating on me with his ex?

My boyfriend got a new text this morning and I shouldn't have looked, but we'd been fighting so I just did! It was from his ex asking "are we still meeting today?"

He hadn't mentioned any of this to me! Furthermore he had deleted all of the messages on the conversation between him and his ex but left the conversations to every other contact undeleted.

WHY?! He doesn't see how it is fishy! Is he kidding me?!

please help! I need your advice

What do you want us to say/do? It's obvious that he's lying to you by ommission. That much we all know. What you need to find out, from HIM, is why he lied and what was he thinking by getting together with his ex, and why he is doing it behind your back which makes him seem sketchy because even if it's all innocent, he's incriminating himself by the way he's acted.

Talk to him and DON'T do it over text. Face-to-face so you can see his facial expression and he doesn't have time to make anything up.

Just how "new" is your new boyfriend and how long ago did he and his ex break up?

Basically, what Wakeup said..

I think you should be honest with him and admit you checked his phone. You need and deserve an explanation. He should not be meeting his ex behind your back, no matter what the reason is.

Sounds like.. even if he is not hiding something more serious... he is hiding his communication and already knows its wrong. You have to confront it.. but dont be surprised if he flips it back at you and makes you the villan for checking his messages. I was put in that position before and I ended up with her mum lecturing me on how I invaded her privacy and completely ignoring the fact that it was completely justified. I regret now, not sticking to my gut and blowing her out so she could get on with whatever she wanted and I didnt waste any more time on her... just trust your gut when he answers you and if you dont believe its innocent... believe your intuition.

To answer your question, yes he is cheating on you. Are you searching for a different answer? I mean you caught him practically red handed. Text messages that were deleted, ex asking if they are meeting up, him not telling you anything. Don't wait till you catch an std like that other broad on this forum. Confront him face to face and don't get sucked into his lies and excuses. Trust your intuition

ask him. smart ass. how can we know?!

No. He's cheating on his ex with you.

Maybe he isn't cheating. Maybe he's just setting you up for the boot. You said you've been fighting a lot right?