+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too ticklish for intimate contact

Too ticklish for intimate contact

I have an embarrassing problem. I'm ridiculously ticklish almost everywhere and get squirmy and giggly any time a guy touches my body. I go nuts if they kiss my neck, touch my sides, my breasts, stomach, thighs, you name it. It's become a real problem when I'm trying to make out or cuddle with a guy I'm dating. I want to be more receptive to sensual touch but I get tense just at the thought of being touched or caressed because it always seems to tickle like mad! Any advice on overcoming or coping with extreme ticklishness?

Ticklishness comes from feeling defensive or uncomfortable or insecure. (Learned that from my masseur) Perhaps you're being rushed or part of you doesn't feel ready for the intimacy?

Perhaps you wouldn't feel ticklish if you were able to set the pace. Alternately, do you have any body image issues which arise when you're getting intimate?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's funny I read this thread. I am in a relationship that has very bigs ups and downs. Whenever I really don't feel like doing it, for some reason I feel terribly ticklish down there and on my neck, I giggle like a kid which is probably not attractive either but it makes sense what basilandthyme is saying. As I never felt ticklish before, your body tenses when you feel like it