+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why am I getting mixed signals from him?

Why am I getting mixed signals from him?

I really like him but I'm not sure I can keep up with this. Last week was great, we were getting closer, he was trying to get to know me better by asking this personal stuff he said it himself but this week so far not so much. We took a coffee together, it's going great until he said that his wife is at work. I was put off by that because he doesn't have a "wife" and last week he went around calling me his wife. Yesterday he seemed excited to see me but when we do meet he is quiet and doesn't pay much attention to me, he said that he barley slept but this isn't the first time it happens last time he was upset with me. When we said goodbye he gave me a fist bump and called me bro. He didn't even say see you later lik he usually does, we had made some blurry plans for this weekend but he seemed to have forgotten. Just last week he was eager to make plans with me and now I get the opposite feeling to that. I'm thinking that he just sees me as a friend but friends don't kiss each other and they don't sleep with each other although I refuse to sleep with him and he wants to know why I won't do it. This is probably messy but I'm not sure how to put it, I get mixed signals and can't figure out if I've done something or what's up with him? I have been seeing him for three months.

Did you ask him what he meant with 'wife'? He could be actually married if you don't know him that well. In my experience be careful with guys calling you their wife, it could be just a way to make you think he's very committed and close to you, almost as if you were his wife.
    Him being tired is also a bad sign, why would he be if he is meeting a woman he's very excited to meet? And someone giving you a fist bump and calling you bro....of course he sees you as a casual friend. You haven't done anything wrong, he seems to be a player. The only thing you can do now is make him realise he can't just walk over you like that. Cut all contact and if after a while he asks whats wrong, let him know that you are not up for games and that this is not what you are looking for. He'll then either quickly try to prevent losing you or just not answer. If he doesn't make effort, forget about him, then he clearly wasn't interested in more.

I'm gonna do that, it's a great idea.
    He isn't married though this guy is only 23. It has crossed my mind that he might just be playing but I keep thinking that it's been three months and he does seem to be interested but then again he does "this". Before the fist bump he actually kissed me in front of his friends like he does sometimes (could mean nothing to him though) but I turned him down, then I turned him down for sex once again and after that he called me bro and just seemed to stop caring.