+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Awkward but insistent girl

Awkward but insistent girl

Alright, I screwed it a little bit,the thing goes like this: I've got a quite stupid male friend and he has a friend that I have a crush on, let's call him George, we have barely spoken a coupe of times. I am not a shy person except when it comes to men I like. Once I got a bit drunk and texted my friend "hey, set me up with George", I expected that he discretely would invite me to an event when George would attend or something. But no, my friend went and told him what I said, so, he came back to me with and said, "I got good news, I talked to George and he said "Once your drunk"" (I am not a native English speaker, so I find it hard to translate the phrase he used because it was too idiomatic). Then the other guys started teasing me with "Hey don't go yet, George is comming" and things like that.

I got a bit mad at my friend and at George too, with my friend because I don't know what he told George and because he told every XXXXXXX one. I can't act naturally. Then, the fact that George implied that he needed to be drunk to have something with me annoyed me too (but in the end maybe that was also the lack of empathy of my stupid friend). A month later my friend came to me and said "George has asked me for you, he asked me to make the set up" , With the last record I just felt annoyed and said "I don't like him anymore" and sorta starting avoiding George (which means saying hello and practically running away from him)

It's been a while since this, few months ago I added him on fb, but have been too coward to talk to him, nor he had talked to me. Because all of it was too awkward, knowing that he(and pretty much all of his friends) knows I like him makes it harder, cause it turns me into an easy target, less interesting... He acts normal, when he sees me he says hello, I notice he sees me when I am around and one of these days I felt like he wanted to strike up a conversation but couldn't, maybe not knowing what to say or me extremely bearish.

Well, I still want something with him, but I do not how to do it or I don't know. I thought of fb message him but I would not know what to say.
    What would you recommend?

Forget FB. Get his phone number, call him, and ask him out.

Don't ask him out.

The next time you see him, and think he looks as though he might want to strike up conversation with you, encourage THAT instead. Smile, and make yourself seem warm and approachable. Say hello, and ask him what he's been up to.

Let him be the boy.

Really, if you can get him alone, do that first.

If you can meet in person, but not alone, try and do that. His friends are going to harass the hell out of him if you do it when they are around. Really, if he's really worth his weight in salt, he should be able to handle this just fine.

If you know him well enough and don't think he can handle the peer pressure, then by all means contact him through facebook.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Quote Originally Posted by solarion View Post
    Forget FB. Get his phone number, call him, and ask him out.
    Well, to get his number that should be throught fb because I don't want my idiot friend to get involved anymore, pretty sure it will not help.

Quote Originally Posted by smarta$$ View Post
    Don't ask him out.

The next time you see him, and think he looks as though he might want to strike up conversation with you, encourage THAT instead. Smile, and make yourself seem warm and approachable. Say hello, and ask him what he's been up to.

Let him be the boy.
    Well, I don't see him often enough, so I'd have to wait for months for this. Plus, the warm and approachable sounds nice in my mind, but then I get nervous, it is not easy to handle.

In case I still have the idea of message, what should I say?

Well, to get his number that should be throught fb because I don't want my idiot friend to get involved anymore, pretty sure it will not help.
    Why would you maintain a friendship with someone you believe to be an "idiot"? Did you express your dissatisfaction with how indelicately your friend handled the situation last time? Why don't you call your friend, vent your frustrations, and then get George's number. He obviously knows you like him now anyway. Alternatively you could instruct your "stupid" friend to provide George with your number.

I don't know why you're even worrying about his friends knowing you like him. If you ever get together with him in a more advanced way then avoidance-junkies, they would know you like him anyway... and he you for that matter.

He's reciprocated your interests and so what do you do? You tell him you're not interested anymore (even though you actually are) so it's no wonder he's not breaking a ball to speak to you.

Grow some tits and email him through FB to get things rolling again. Whatever you do, don't have sex with him until he's showing you that he values you for more then a leg over. You showed your cards early so now you have to keep them close to your chest until you know what he's going to invest.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh... Just email him with: "Hey, You." Haven't seen you in a while. Want to get together and talk smack about (insert stupid friends name here)and how he caused us to feel awkward around one another? "
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion