+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling second best. Right or Wrong ?

Feeling second best. Right or Wrong ?

Hi,i have been going with this girl for close to 8 years,been engaged for 6,things are the start were great we had lots of fun and laughed alot,but now i have been sad for quite a long time,there was a guy my gf was friends with before she got with me,hes now split with his long term gf,and my gf is always there for him,i don't mind my gf talking to other guys,but with this guy she sends messages back and forth for most of the day and night,and into the small hours of the morning,i don't want to sound like a control freak about it,but she spends alot more time communicating with this other guy,than she does with me (Which i feel is unfair).I always make sure that my gf is priority in my life,but i just don't feel im the same priority in her life,plus whenever i talk with her about those issues it always causes arguments,its like i'm always in the wrong when i mention something that upsets me,i have did everything she has asked of me,but for some reason i feel second best in her life to someone shes giving emotional support to for prolonged periods of time,she even sits and messages him back and forth when we are together,am i being unfair telling her to cut ties with this person if its interfering in the relationship,cause i really don't know what else to do.Thanks

Sit her down and let her know how you are feeling. Honesty is always important and if you had been with someone for 8 years, you should be able to let her know, she's going to the extreme with the amount of communication she has with him. Let her know, you aren't asking her to cut all ties, but that you are feeling neglected and maybe the 3 of you guys could go to dinner or have a night in with drinks and convo?

You have to be honest. You shouldn't give her an ultimatum BUT you should tell her that when you spend time together, she shouldn't be on her phone talking to someone else.