+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Help and Perspective of a Woman

Need Help and Perspective of a Woman

Hello to everyone in the forum community. This is my first time on this forum and first time asking something on a forum but regardless. I am currently in college and have questions about things in general that I'm heavily confused on. To understand i'll give a background story quickly. All through my life I struggled with weight being fat. Girls were not interested in me most through high school probably because of my weight and appearance. And worst of all which is my biggest weakness is that I am shy and introverted. I can't help it that I'm more of an observer than a speaker... And i HATE IT! Since every time I've tried to show attraction to a girl it never went anywhere and I never really had practice at getting girls. Being shy sucks and shits on my confidence. But, I could never imagine how it would be to be skinny... but something in me clicked my senior year of high school. Starting from September to June I managed to lose 50 lbs! Regardless today I've lost like 75 pounds today and nothing has changed. As I said before I never had experience with girls for many reasons I now can look back and see how people were not interested in being more than friends. Thing is that I am a very nice guy and pride myself to not be a douche bag. The few times that I actually had confidence to talk to a girl that I thought was cute I feel like I **** up some how. Like I have said before I don't have experience so when I try to flirt I often choke and don't know what to do. Even just go up to a girl and have the confidence to introduce myself and actually for once do the right things. I tend to overthink everything but at the same time I need to say the right things. And can't come off as the guy who's annoying, need or a creep... I over hear too many stories on campus of the consistent guy who he comes off weird. I just would love some guidance so I can confidently talk to girls while showing that I am interested while showing I'm a great guy. Thanks if you've gotten this far but would love to hear what people have to think about this.

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS.
    I can guarantee you that any woman who knew you before/now has got loads of respect for you now, for such an amazing accomplishment. So thats a GREAT foot in the door.
    If you hit the gym a lot (still)... it may be a good idea to approach a woman (who doesn't look too busy... maybe she's taking a breather) and say something about her workout.
    "Hey, looks like you've been working up on this for a long time! Do you come here often?" or something like that. Either way, start with a compliment.
    Based off of her response, you know whether or not you should continue. If she's short, just say "cool" or something and let it go. But if she seems interested, keep talking. Get to know her a bit... talk about yourself. Your journey (which relates to the gym.. so GREAT place to be to do this).
    And if all goes well, ask for her number!!
    It never hurts to be persistent and approach ladies- we love it. As long as (in the event she isn't interested) you can take that hint. Thats key. )