+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Blown off by friend

Blown off by friend

I'm sure it happens all the time. Friends come and go...people drift away. I've had a good friend that I've been able to talk to for about the last 4 year or so. Used to hang out and what-not. Well this summer he found (what seems to be) the love of his life. So basically the rest of our group never hears from him because when he has free time he's making trips to see her. This is probly pretty common I guess. I figure I'll just not talk to 'em for a bit---when he's through with the honeymoon stage we'll hear from him again. What do you all think.

I've seen that happen many times with friends and even with myself when first getting into relationships. You just want to be with that new person all of the time. I'm sure he'll come back around.

Yea same here. Time will tell. Has he had a serious GF before? I had a friend who disappeared once he got in his first real relationship. Is this a long distance sort of thing? Doesnt he want his new girl to visit and be friends with his friends?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Goo10Tag
    I'm sure it happens all the time. Friends come and go...people drift away. I've had a good friend that I've been able to talk to for about the last 4 year or so. Used to hang out and what-not. Well this summer he found (what seems to be) the love of his life. So basically the rest of our group never hears from him because when he has free time he's making trips to see her. This is probly pretty common I guess. I figure I'll just not talk to 'em for a bit---when he's through with the honeymoon stage we'll hear from him again. What do you all think.
    this happened to me , then when i finally got to speak to my friends after almost a year , they all called me "dicher" in a joking way . anyways . i lost 90% of my HS friends and now i only have those old friends that iv known for like 4 years now ... atleast its a trustfull group of close friends where we talk about everything or almost . but it sucks cuz were only like 6 friends . and once in a while some random person will hang out with us

the advantage of having friends is that they know ppl that know ppl ...and those ppl and friends create a long line of girls to meet and date .

His first girlfriend---he was with her maybe 3 years---(they'd hang out once in a while). But he was not into her too much..she didn't do much of anything..just sat at home. He also said she complained and got jealous a lot. So we still heard from him when he was dating her.

The new girl, well she lived close to him but she just ran off to go to college about a 4 hour drive away from him. I'm also in school in a different direction..bout a 3 hour drive away. He'll come around---yeh seem to hear from people when you least expect it. But it kinda stinks to have that empty seat now and then.
    Last edited by Goo10Tag; 24-09-05 at 09:33 AM.

indigosoul Guest

I think that if you are really his friend you will understand and be extremely happy for him.

Losing a friend through a new bf/gf hasn't happened to me. Instead I lost most of my friends because we all went seperate ways. I went to school. They worked. We lost touch and then it all stopped. I still have one/two friends from highschool, but I've made a lot of new friends too, so I guess it all works out.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Yea---it's basically a combination of the two (relationships and school/jobs). Just the way life goes I guess.

As far as Indi's comment---I've had others w/ bf's and gf's that still keep in touch with me. Just curious...has it ever happened to you? Kind of easy to say when it hasn't. But you do have a point...to be honest I am a little bet jealous---no luck with releationships in the last few years.

Goo10tag----Yeah it happens all the time. Friends find significant others, dissapear into the woodwork, resurface when a crisis ensues and they need a shoulder to cry on. Blah blah.

Don't be jealous. Just accept that they're preoccupied with their current focus. They'll come round eventually (maybe a year from now). And if they don't, well it's their loss.

indigosoul Guest
    As far as Indi's comment---I've had others w/ bf's and gf's that still keep in touch with me. Just curious...has it ever happened to you? Kind of easy to say when it hasn't.
    Young grasshopper.... Different ppl respond differently when in love. I have a very close friend who is the closest thing to a soulmate that I probably will ever know. And he feels the same; no doubt, all cards laid on table. And we won't ever be together romantically. And so he sees other women because life goes on. And when this happens he falls off the face of the planet for a while and I am very happy for him.

I'd say I've been there, yes. True friendship means you care about the happiness of the other person and respect them for reaching for it.