+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question For The Ladies: What's The Best Way To Tell A Girl She Has Been/Is A Muse?

Question For The Ladies: What's The Best Way To Tell A Girl She Has Been/Is A Muse?

Here's the situation:

I sometimes get to work with this one girl, who has been a muse for a month now. During which time I have written 15 new songs. Some of them are about her, some are about me, some a combination, etc. They are all of a positive nature, and her name is not mentioned in any of them.

Yes, I would love to get to know her better, because of how intrigued I am. But I am 100 percent certain the wide age difference will prevent us from getting together, which I’m okay with.

Properly recording the songs is not in the cards right now, but I do want to at least give her a copy of the lyrics and let her know. I know everyone is different, but there are a couple of things I'm wondering about:

What is the best way to give her the lyrics without going over the top, as I do not want to potentially scare her in any way? And if I do give them to her myself, what kind of reaction do you think I can expect?

Would it better to remain anonymous and explain everything in writing, thus preventing any potential awkwardness?

No matter how she receives them, it is my hope that they will at least make her smile. And maybe provide a nice memory sometime in the future, should she ever need one to think about.

Any other ideas/suggestions/thoughts would be welcome.

Thank you for your time!

This is just an opinion based on what you posted.... but if you are 100% certain that the wide age difference will prevent a connection (Im assuming you are much older than her?)... I think she will think its creepy and may even think you are a stalker type... again this is just one persons opinion.....
    But think about it, if I worked with this older guy, and there is no mutual attraction on my part, and one day he gives me some songs that he wrote about me... quite honestly, I would be creeped out and wouldn't want to work with him any more.... I actually would probably go to HR about it. 15 songs??? Don't do it, don't share this info with her... never.
    Im so sorry... I sound so negative today, but I think the way it could play out "in your head" and the way it probably actually would play out are two totally different movies.