+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex gave him Warts!!!

Ex gave him Warts!!!

A friend of mine confided in me that he contracted genital warts.

He is feeling super crappy about himself and I'm hoping to be supportive, only I'm stuck on what to say!...a few questions though..

1) He says it was his ex-girlfriend. Because he hasnt been with anyone since her. From what I gather he's been on good terms with her, and she doesnt know about the new situation. What should he say to her?

2) How can he open this info up to a future partner, he's super worried about scaring any future girls off with the news.

3) Anything I can say to encourage him?!?! I've kinda run out of words of encouragement!!!!

I dunno about encouragement, but in my state it's illegal to not inform your sexual partner about any kind of STD. She herself may not know she has it or can give it to others. Basically just make sure he doesn't try to hide it and gets it treated.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    first and foremost... deal with the problem. he should face the facts and talk to his ex because by keeping this from her, he is only passing on the problem to another guy and so forth. secondly, i'm guessing that he already got tested, but seek treatment. i think there isn't a cure for this but there are ways you can treat it so the pain isn't so bad. honestly i'm at a loss for words too because there isn't really anything you can say to your friend to make him feel better. being so young and so active, it does put a drain on your outlook of life. i'm guessing the only thing you can do right now is be supportive and hopefully take his mind off this problem. he's deal with it in ways that he knows how but till he's ready, keep him occupied. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

no there is no treatment at the moment. there are some drugs that will inhibit the reproduction of the virus and surpress future breakouts.

i'm sure you've all seen the lovely commercial with the cute girl on the swing.

what you need to do is have your friend talk to his ex so she is aware of the situation.
    also he should seek treatment in case he has horrible painful breakouts. he will be prescribed a med.

the only thing you can really do is be there for him. don't stop your normal hangout deals or any pysical touch. ie if you guys give a punch or so when joking around.
    just make him feel normal or he will feel like everyone sees him as an infection.

ok i'm done rambling.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"