+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How long to know if you're interested

How long to know if you're interested

Hello

How long does it take you to know whether or not you fancy a woman? Would u go to the point of telling her you don't feel chemistry after 2 dates but then a month later apologise for saying this and ask for a third date to then go on third date and decide you don't like her after all?

And also, why do u think a guy would ask me about if I have a quite a bit of attention or whatever from other guys,/what i wear gets unwanted attention from lots of men and also how many dates I go on, is this normal? What does it say he's like as a guy.
    Last edited by justincase-; 27-02-16 at 11:51 AM.

Most people can generally tell right away if they are interested in someone; but everyone is different and some people may take longer to make those decisions than others. Also, you may find that you are immediately attracted to someone, and then as you get to know them, you uncover certain details about them that you don't really like, and your attraction to them can fade. It can also be the opposite of that, and you may not be attracted to someone right away, but over time that attraction can grow based on the foundation of the connection you've built with them.

However, the second situation you are describing sounds like the person is irrationally jealous or controlling. Making comments about how much attention you receive from other people is childish and comes across as insecure. Making comments about clothing you choose to wear should be a huge red flag, and you should have the confidence to know that you can dress and act in whichever way pleases you the most. That behavior may be common, but it isn't normal, nor is it healthy.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

What about adding the two elements above together. Do u think it equals a guy that likes a girl but can't get over his potential feeling off jealousy for a lady.

However, the second situation you are describing sounds like the person is irrationally jealous or controlling. Making comments about how much attention you receive from other people is childish and comes across as insecure. Making comments about clothing you choose to wear should be a huge red flag, and you should have the confidence to know that you can dress and act in whichever way pleases you the most. That behavior may be common, but it isn't normal, nor is it healthy.

I think it is around 3 second to infinity. the state of attraction is dynamic time domain (changes within time).

For the most part, physical attraction is immediate. While the level of attraction toward the idea of an actual, exclusive relationship with someone can take longer. I've been dating my guy for almost ten months now. We were friends for 11 years before we ever started dating. I think that kind of situation is both surprising and exciting when it happens.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

He obvious has had a lot of trouble controlling his jealous tendencies, so his answer to deal with it is to find a girl that doesn't get attention from guys, dresses modestly, and doesn't have a lot of experiences, ex bfs, etc. It doesn't matter if he finds you attractive, he is too insecure to handle a real relationship with a women in a mature manner. He would be too much of a pain in the ass to date. He would be scrutinizing your every move, snooping in your phone, and accusing you of things....so not worth it.