+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I text him?

So true Hayward

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    So true Hayward
    Damn, that Hayward guy is always right...Pay attention Junsui, maybe we can catch him when he's wrong...if that's possible.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Damn, that Hayward guy is always right...Pay attention Junsui, maybe we can catch him when he's wrong...if that's possible.
    I'm watching for it!

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Here Here!

I havent read the book, but I'm inclined to believe I'd be the opposite. If a girl I meet, follows a stupid book like "The Rules", then I'll move on to another girl.

Glad to hear it! Cuz that just sounds like too much work to me!

Plus, it takes the spontanaeity out of the situation.

And the uniqueness of everyone's situation.

I mean, I've got friends who have married men to whom they were friends with for a long time and who enjoyed a slow courting period. I've also got friends in happy marriages and long term relationships who (shocking but true) jumped in the sack with the man on Date #1 or Date #2.

I hazard to say every situation is different.

HOWEVER, in this situation, I tend to think that the dude hasn't phoned, and that this is a pretty good indicator he isn't interested in something serious. That isn't to say he doesn't care about you or have feelings for you or even that he isn't a genuine person. He might simply be at a place where having a good time now and then is all he is into. Some men simply aren't interested in being attached, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by clynn

He might simply be at a place where having a good time now and then is all he is into. Some men simply aren't interested in being attached, ever.
    Good point.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Hi ItsJustMe

You can try texting, but i think even better, try talking to him (face to face) about your current situation, your feelings for him and what his feelings for you are. I think that's the only way for you to find out what your actions from here on should be. Once you know where he stands you can start deciding on what to do. If you don't do this you will always have that nagging thought in your mind that itches you to go back to him and relive something...

Good luck!!!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
    Should I text this guy?

I have this thing guy on my mind…lets call him X

We knew each other 10 years ago and were then to categorise as **** buddies – but I was qraaaazy about him then. (I still am). I accidentally ran into him 4 months ago. In a bar. We wanted to make out but I resisted since I had a boyfriend. I later broke up with my boyfriend, but not because of X though. I then made a booty call on X. I had wanted to meet up with him for a long time since the break up with my ex – but I was so nervous about the hole situation. I had to have a few drinks (a lot in fact) to find the courage to call him. So I ended up in his apartment after a night out with a friend of mine and we had the best of times. Yes we had sex. But we also talked about a lot of private stuff.

When we said goodbye, he said something like ‘well, lets just keep in touch’ or something like that. Any way – no overt connection was made, in my opinion.

Now: I know for a fact that he is single, plus he has my number. But I’m not sure if I told him that I broke up with my x-boyfriend. Its been almost 1 months now since the booty call. And I haven’t heard from him what so ever.

Now I want to see him again. Can I text this guy or should I forget about him? Texting is the wimpy way out - but I know for a fact that I can not call him – I’ll simply die. If I text him what should I write?

Please help!
    if you have nothing to write what makes you think we're gonna come up with something good for you?

don't do it. you'll disrespect yourself. you'll humiliate yourself. he's just not worth it. got it?

(we've already established this, haven't we?)

don't do it. you'll disrespect yourself. you'll humiliate yourself. he's just not worth it. got it? by misombra

I don't think this will wrok in this instance. She knew this guy for a very long time and is clearly not over him. I think what will help is for ItsJustMe to talk face to face and get a clear answer from the guy. If he feels the same way, then great - however he will have to put his money where his mouth is if he does feel the same way about her (Although by the look of things i doubt he will give a positive response). If he rejects her then at least she can put the rejection to the face next time she thinks about him and it will make it a lot easier for her to move on

My view on this ItsJustMe, the situation requires a response from the other party, so in your situation i would seek a face to face meeting to clear this up once and for all. If its positive then good (Just be a little bit cautious around this guy and make sure that taking this further means he understands that he has to stay faithful) If it's negative then good, at least you'll have a peace of mind that this guy will never be worth the trouble...
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Hi!

I want to say thanks for your replies - I really enjoyed reading all the views that came out of my post.

I was in fact about to text him last night but decided to give a second thought before I did. Today I'm not so sure. I've kept clinging to the fact that I was seriously involved to another guy when we met again. And that he therefor somehow wanted me to be the one to initiate things. But you guys are right. If it was important to him get to know me better or even just to see me again for whatever reason, he would have contacted me ny now.

Well, maybe faith just wanted it that way. You can be fooled by strong attraction and longing for something better than you've all ready have.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    (To Shh!) I had no doubt, that your love life is all that it can be
    You really are an insulting and noxious little man, aren't you, Bluevette?
    Speak less. Say more.

Was that insulting? I didn't read it that way. Perhaps I am insensitive. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    You really are an insulting and noxious little man, aren't you, Bluevette?

It was not meant as insulting at all, and the person that it was meant for did not either.

This is the second time MR WAYWARD has tried to insult me is some way.

MR WAYWARD, I think you feel threatened sir, if I threaten you, well, to bad.

You colors are showing my friend.

OH, and I am far from small. I am one of those corn fed Midwest boys, 6'3" Tall, 225.

You my friend, with your insults and insecurities, are most likely the typical short guy suffering from the Napoleon Complex.

Here you go JUNSI, look up Napoleon Complex and let everyone know what this is.

AGAIN. I HAVE MADE NOTHING PERSONAL, AND YOU HAVE.
    Last edited by Bluevetteracer; 29-09-05 at 11:57 PM.

lol people who took a history class should know, someone had asked before what the other was so I posted it for her....silly

In the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, Napoleon complex is a colloquial term used to describe a type of inferiority complex suffered by people who are short. Alfred Adler pioneered the psychological work on inferiority complexes, and used Napoléon Bonaparte as an example of someone who he thought was driven to extremes by a psychological need to compensate for what he saw as a handicap: his small stature. Typically people with this complex will compensate in many ways, reaching beyond their personal performance. A person with a Napoleon Complex may set pictures in their home to lower levels and make other such accomodations which will enable them to feel taller in their surroundings.

Money says WAYWAR is not taller then 5'3" tall.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast