Me and this girl met through a mutual friend, I naturally have "walls" and at 1st am sort of a dick to protect myself from getting hurt, so I was a dick to her as well, but somehow she was diffrent, She didn't back off & as we got closer I started to fall for her so I tried to push her away, She admitted later that she fell for me, so I admitted that I fell for her, but she had a bf who she said it was going ok, but not great & she broke up with him the next day but said she needed time to think what she wanted, she chose him and said she liked me but rather us stay friends and maybe we can try later, I told her no and that im worth more than a saftey net and im not going to wait around for her to decide what she wants and play games and that i need time to decide what to do and it will be awhile. our mutal friend told me that she chose him because he was a sure thing and the safe route and although she liked me better it wasn't certain that we'd be better together then they are. and that she doesn't blame me for leaving but she feels like I hate her and still wants me. Did I do the right thing? If not what should I do?