+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bisexual girlfriend sending messages to another girl - im unsure if they are alright?

Bisexual girlfriend sending messages to another girl - im unsure if they are alright?

Hi there,

So me and my girlfriend have been together for 16 months now. She is bisexual, I've always known that right from the start.

In the last 2 weeks, she has sparked up an online friendship, with another girl aged 20, who lives in Australia. We are from NZ.

Its what they send to each other that is bothering me rather a lot. They very often comment about how beautiful one another is, how cute they are, and say things like they love them, one comment from the other girl also said they were "in love" with my girlfriend, another comment said "my beautiful cupcake".

To me this is wrong, to me this is them flirting and hitting on each other. But my girlfriend says its just how girls talk to each other.

Now I understand that a lot of girls do talk like this, "occasionally"... but they have only known each other for 2 weeks and this is pretty much every other day.

Because my girlfriend is bisexual I don't know if its wrong or just "what girls do".

So I would like other girls opinions, is this right? Or is she in the wrong?

Thanks.

I'd listen to your gut instinct on this. It doesn't feel right to you and you're not happy.

Going to be awkward, but I think you need to talk to her and establish what kind of relationship you have. Does she expect it to be an open relationship ? If not, I don't see why she has to let someone else know that they are attractive to her. What's the point of that if she doesn't want to try something with them ? There's a difference between thinking someone is attractive versus letting someone know you think that.

I think your gf is searching for something new and different. If you really can't bring yourself to talk to her about it, I guess you could start up your own fling and let her "catch" you and then start the discussion like that.

On the other hand, I do give my bff pet names and stuff. But I am also definitely attracted to men. If I were attracted to women and saying that to her, there would definitely be more motivation than just a friendship. I think she is in the wrong. Sounds like she is definitely into this girl.
    Last edited by Tonixx; 24-04-16 at 06:48 PM.

I'm a girl and no this is not how girls talk to each other.....she's feeding you a lot of BS here. She is having an emotional affair with this girl right under your nose.

Kick her to the curb, she's cheating on you.