+ Follow This Topic

Thread: im confussed

Falling in love with my friends girlfriend need advice

Well im kind of in a complicated situation here.

My situation is that i think i am falling in love with one of my friends grilfriends.

My story starts 2 months ago when i first met her on a video game. When she first bought the game and signed on we started talking and hanging out online and real life (only a couple times by my choice cause i do not wanna cause problems with her current relationship). After about a week or so of talking she tells me that she wants to hook me up with one of her friends but she wants to know what im like. So we start talking and get to know eachother. after this time she tells me that she is really starting to like me (witch is good imo cause i like who she is as a person). she also tells me that she has been thinking about leaving her current boyfriend for a while now since they have grown apart a lot since they hooked up 6 years ago (she was 15 he was 17).

She just recently went on a vacation and took her laptop with her just so that she could talk with me.

Now my question is this. How can i tell that im not just the fallout boy? and that she is interested in me and that im not chasing a pipe dream? I am more than willing to loose a friendship for her if thats what it came down to. However i really do not want to be thinking and wanting to be with someone that is not interested in me. I really am a n00b at the game of life and any insite/opinions would be most welcome here.

and just a note here that she has wanted to come over to my place and i told her that it would not be good if she did considering the current situation

Thanks for any input here

-Confused in SLC
    Last edited by Lovestuckgeek; 02-10-05 at 04:04 PM. Reason: changing title

lilwing89 Guest
    Well....that would be a toughy explaining to your friends how you met her..

friends: so how did you meet this girl?
    you: well first i met her through a videogame, then i schemed one of my good friends into breaking up with her! expect the same thing for you!

just kidding. um dont steal the gf though, would you like it if somebody stole your gf(if you had one?) my rule is treat others as you would want them to treat you. stick around though, be a good friend. boyfriends dont last forever, and if you wait long enough she could be yours. just be the best friend that you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing89
    Well....that would be a toughy explaining to your friends how you met her..

friends: so how did you meet this girl?
    you: well first i met her through a videogame, then i schemed one of my good friends into breaking up with her! expect the same thing for you!

just kidding. um dont steal the gf though, would you like it if somebody stole your gf(if you had one?) my rule is treat others as you would want them to treat you. stick around though, be a good friend. boyfriends dont last forever, and if you wait long enough she could be yours. just be the best friend that you can be.

And on the other hand, life is way too short for "what ifs". Live hard and die young. If she is thinking of breaking up with her BF because they have grown apart here is a suggestion. If you like her dont encourage or discourage it to happen. When it finally happens and if she is still expressing intrest in you, ask her out.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

thank you both. This is basicly what i have been doing. Just paitently waiting to see what happens. but i cannot stop thinking about her. I goto the club with friends and shes on my mind. i goto sleep and shes there too. How can i make this stop (at leaste just not so much?) And yes i am not saying anything to her about staying with him or leaving him. I want a meaningful relationship with her if possible.