+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should I tell him how i feel ?so confused

should I tell him how i feel ?so confused

there is a guy friend that i met in varsity that i really like but not sure if he likes me ,i think he did due to the way he was around me
    He left for overseas and several times i have tried to tell him i really like circumstances have stopped me
    Last time i went to tell him i saw a picture of him with girl that he is now dating and stopped at saying to him his a nice guy

i have tried getting over this guy but feelings have gotten stronger ,every guy i meet i want to be totally like him which no one is obviously
    I had a dream whilst sleeping he commited to the girl he dating and was heartbroken ,i guess thats how scared i am that never tell him i like him and relationship might get more serious between them

This girl lives in country he does and is very over him,posting pictures of them nearly daily together on social media but it is always her posting this and never him,why doesnt he make her his profile pic on fb?more over analysi here .
    My one concern in telling him is that i might be friendzoned and this may make friendship akward

There is also if i decide to tell him how do i blurt it out to him ?Its been a while and dont wanna be a wierdo who out the blue says i like you

Even if he liked me too there is what does it matter ?He still lives there and me here ?I dont expect him to come here for relationship

then there is issue of this girl ,while status has moved from in relationship to non showing(I might be reading too much into this) i dont wanna be that girl!you know the one that steals guy from another girl who another girl then takes from her
    However there is always thought at back of my mind what if i never get to tell him all my life i will never know the answer
    i do want this guy in the end but do not really know what to do and if you tell him ?
    Last edited by froc1; 07-06-16 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by froc1 View Post
    there is a guy friend that i met in varsity that i really like but not sure if he likes me ,i think he did due to the way he was around me
    He left for overseas and several times i have tried to tell him i really like circumstances have stopped me
    Last time i went to tell him i saw a picture of him with girl that he is now dating and stopped at saying to him his a nice guy
    You did the right thing by not telling him how you felt while he was in a relationship with someone else. It's not fair to him or her to be admitting romantic feelings to him.

i have tried getting over this guy but feelings have gotten stronger ,every guy i meet i want to be totally like him which no one is obviously
    It's normal to compare guys you meet to guys you've already met/dated before. Especially if you still have feelings for the person you are comparing others to. But! Don't let that comparison of other guys thwart your opportunity to meet new people. There are plenty of great guys out there, and all of them are completely different from each other. There are also guys who are similar to one another, and they can be great, too.

I had a dream whilst sleeping he commited to the girl he dating and was heartbroken ,i guess thats how scared i am that never tell him i like him and relationship might get more serious between them
    Dreams don't mean anything. They are just dreams lol. You probably were thinking about this guy before you went to bed, and it's common to have dreams about people in your life that you've encountered recently.

This girl lives in country he does and is very over him,posting pictures of them nearly daily together on social media but it is always her posting this and never him,why doesnt he make her his profile pic on fb?more over analysi here .
    Some people enjoy posting on social media more than others. Some people like to advertise their relationship online for many different reasons. Others don't. I wouldn't read too much into his social media MO, because everyone uses social media in different ways.

My one concern in telling him is that i might be friendzoned and this may make friendship akward

There is also if i decide to tell him how do i blurt it out to him ?Its been a while and dont wanna be a wierdo who out the blue says i like you
    What about the fact that he still has a girlfriend? Does that not make you question whether or not you should admit how you feel? It's pretty selfish to tell someone you have feelings for them while they are with another person. You're asking for trouble, and the demise of your friendship with this guy if you do that.

Even if he liked me too there is what does it matter ?He still lives there and me here ?I dont expect him to come here for relationship
    This is equally important as his relationship status. This doesn't sound like a promising relationship for you, so why not just call it a loss and move on with your life?

then there is issue of this girl ,while status has moved from in relationship to non showing(I might be reading too much into this) i dont wanna be that girl!you know the one that steals guy from another girl who another girl then takes from her
    Then don't be that girl. Period! You can make whatever choice you want, but know that each one has its consequences, and trying to get between a relationship is a sh*tty thing to do.

However there is always thought at back of my mind what if i never get to tell him all my life i will never know the answer
    i do want this guy in the end but do not really know what to do and if you tell him ?
    You do know the answer. He has a girlfriend. He lives in another country. If he wanted to be with you, he would be. You are living in a fantasy world and you are purposely keeping yourself stuck in this non-relationship because you don't think you deserve better. There are plenty of men out there who are fantastic, and available. Why are you caught up on a guy who isn't available for you to date? I think you should give up on this guy, and focus on your own life. Start going out and socializing more, try meeting new people, and get your mind off this dude and his dudette before it drives you crazy.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

from past experiance

from past experience there is a point in time to make these feelings known that time has long passed i lost a really good friend from doing what your thinking about from how im reading this from months to a few years time has passed if he was into you as you are into him he would have been with you you could make up excuses for him or at that point in time this was happening so he didnt have the chance to really know or get to decide because the question was never asked. but he most likely asked well what about her shes a great person never cheated attractive well why not and he came to a his own reason of why not. you love him or at the least want him badly but that guy in the overall is a bad bet where you get hurt and worst lose a good friend my situation was better than yours . just think this through and be true to not the person you are now but to who you want to be