+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being Played?

Am I being Played?

i have known this guy for about 3 weeks and normally I don't move so fast but we've been having sex regularly. The problem is i always drive to his town which is 30 minutes away from mine. I always go to see him not vise versa. Which i have been doing due to the fact I live with my parents and if he comes to my town we probably wouldn't have sex, which we both want. The problem is, he has told me all of these things that basically add up to: he is only dating me, having sex with me, and does not want me to date/be with anyone else. He told me this after we had sex so I don't understand if he is lying to me about it because I gave him no reason to and I didn't ask for any commitment. He's introduced me to his friends and his brother which isn't a big deal and we both got out of 3 yr relationship about 3 months ago. He has also flaked on plans once and was late twice and says he promises to make it up which he hasn't. This past week we only saw each other once. How do I find out what this relationship truly is because he tells me one thing but then it feels like he's playing me yet it's only been a few weeks? And how do I make the effort level even when I always drive to him and wait for him? Should I ask him to drive to my town & relax w/o sex at least once soon and if he refuses/flakes just dump him? Help me please find some clarity and don't be too harsh I'm a Pisces and he's a Scorpio of anyone believes in that shit. Thank you!

Yes. You are being played, and you are allowing it. Tell him it has to be 50/50 travel or your out.

I don't think I am necessarily as convinced as twooddtrees. However, I do agree with his skepticism. I would agree that it seems a bit unbalanced and unfair if you are always expected to come to him, if he flakes on dates or is sometimes late, etc.

So, if nothing else, I'd say you start sort of casually and politely pushing and asking for things to be more 50/50. In other words, I wouldn't yet say you complain to him about it/discuss it with him as a problem. I would just say, at this point, you just kind of casually say "Do you think sometimes you could come up here?" Or something like that, if you get what I mean. Not, at least at this stage, complaining or telling him it is unfair... more at this stage just a casual request. There shouldn't be any reason why he'd oppose to that, so that can maybe start to give you some better idea.

Good luck to you either way. I hope it works out for you.