+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is There Hope in Getting my Ex Back?

Is There Hope in Getting my Ex Back?

Hello,

My ex boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago and we were together for a little over a year. He broke up with me because he didn't want to put me as a priority anymore and put me in front of his clubs, job, and friends.
    A couple days before we broke up we had a fight and after we promised each other we would work on things and sit down and figure things out. He told me he wanted to be happy with me and he couldn't imagine his life without me. Two days later, he said we should break up. He cried when he broke up with me. I accepted the break up even though I never was told about this and I felt like I never got to explain to him that I realize we can't always be a priority in each others lives. We broke up nicely and I did not plead or beg. He asked me if we could be friends and I said no. He also said he still loved and cared about me. He contacted me a week after we broke up through a mutual friend to return my things and I dropped off his stuff at his place and we talked a little. When we talked, he was upset I did not contact him since the break up and he was upset I added some guys on Facebook. He initiated three hugs when we talked.He said this week was a rollercoaster for him (because he was getting drunk almost every night) and I told him I just want him to be happy. He replied by saying he doesn't know what makes him happy anymore and that broke my heart. He cried when I said that.

After the talk, I implemented the no contact rule and I'm about 3 weeks in. I have been hanging out with friends, posting pictures, and working out. He contacted me on New Years when I got a new nose ring and he texted me "Nose ring?" and I'm guessing he was drunk. I did not reply to this and he hasn't contacted me again. A couple days later I noticed a bunch of my tagged photos on Instagram were deleted and I noticed he deleted all of our pictures on his Instagram and deleted his comments on all of my photos of us. I guess I don't really know what to think of him deleting the photos, it did make me feel a little bad because they were good memories and there were about 15 photos.

I feel like I still want to try and get my ex back after no contact but I'm not sure if I should. I do feel better but I'm afraid of the rejection and putting myself out there again. I guess I don't know if there's any hope in getting him back. We had a very good relationship and we both talked about getting married and having kids. Any advice would be great.We both thought we were the ones for each other and I still think that and I want to try to see if there's hope but I'm afraid. He gave me a promise ring even though I was hesitant and he wanted me to give him one (I gave him a watch instead). He would always joke about how I could never break up with him and things in our relationship seemed to be going well (from what I could see).

Thank you!

Personally I think he does love you and probably he was hurt when you did not reply to his message. I think his message was just to initiate a conversation with you. Since you ignored his text
    and seeing that you are really having a time of your life he is probably thinking you are better off without him. I don't think it will hurt for you to send him a
    text and meet him to explain how you really feel about him.

I hope everything will work out well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by worriedmorbid View Post
    Personally I think he does love you and probably he was hurt when you did not reply to his message. I think his message was just to initiate a conversation with you. Since you ignored his text
    and seeing that you are really having a time of your life he is probably thinking you are better off without him. I don't think it will hurt for you to send him a
    text and meet him to explain how you really feel about him.

I hope everything will work out well for you.
    thank you for the reply! I'm going to try to reach out when I'm ready. When we first broke up he made it so I couldn't see his snapchat story and then he let me see it again for a few weeks (even though I didn't watch them) and now he made it so I can't see them again. I'm so confused as to why he would do that because my friends have him on snapchat and they say he just posts things about sports and stuff.