+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I ask a girl out over facebook?

Should I ask a girl out over facebook?

Hi,

So there's this girl at work I've had a crush on for a while. I work at a large company and have barely spoken to her as I've never really had the opportunity (I'm not really sure how I've managed to get such a stupid crush).

Now I've moved to a different department on a different shift pattern so theres a small chance of even passing her at work never mind having chance to ask her out.

The option I'm considering is adding her on facebook to ask her out. I'm not scared of getting rejected but I am worried that asking her out this way may ruin any chance of success I might have by asking her out in a normal way and make her think and I'm huge odd ball.

Howover, this way at least i'll get an answer and if she says no I can draw a line under it and move on instead of wondering 'what if'.

So I suppose my question is, if a guy who you hadn't really spoken to but recognised from work added you on facebook and asked you out, would there be any chance of you saying yes or would you block him and run for the hills?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

only ask on fb if you have no other means of asking more directly. its always best (and increases your chances more) to ask the most directly.. so in order

1. in-person
    2. on the phone
    3. text/chat
    4. email/message (including facebook)

this is b/c HOW you ask a female out is as much important as how attracted they are to you. it can even override their impression of you. So.. always take the greatest care in HOW you ask somebody else and what you did to build up the probabiliteis of a yes before you ask. (out of the blue out of nowhere "will you go out with me's" never work.. but a "i knew you were going to ask me before you asked" is always better as well).

So how and when and what's happened befre you asked them is extremely important!

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately its facebook or nothing as I just won't get the opportunity to do it face to face. I have decided to not go down the facebook route though as it's sure to fail as you say. I'll just have to hope a better option presents itself.

your full of crap. if you can never get face to face then what's the point of asking her out on a date?
    talk to her first, get a rapport, get to know her. see how she reacts. then you can ask her out when yo've seen some reason to believe a date is possible.

don't just ask her out on a date impersonally like that without ever talking to her - that's creepy. and it won't ever work.

I been asking girls out from work on both FB and directly. Failed both times. They both are married and FB girl said that she have husband right away but the one I asked at work, didnt told me that but smiled and said she have other plans. FB is easier but in RL it takes courage to talk to a girl. If you like a girl, like have a crush on her then it would be really hard. FB is good place to start, but in real life you wont be ignored or unnoticed for sure.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

There's s lot less ambiguity if you ask in real life.