+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So my girlfriend wants to go to prom with another girl.

So my girlfriend wants to go to prom with another girl.

So i already did my promposal to my girlfriend and we are prom dates, but today she told me she wants to go with another girl, her friend specifically.
    Long story short, her parents forced us to break up but were still together regardless. Also, her parents arent okay with her going with a guy and prefer her going with a girl but i just learned about this a week after my promposal.
    Shes basically saying were gonna meet at prom and were gonna be prom dates there, but shes gonna arrive with her friend and have her parents appear as if shes going with a friend.
    Im not as sold with this situation because i was hoping to do something with her before prom like dinner at a restaraunt, but now i think thats not gonna happen. Basically prom is like a meet up for us, which is already what its like at school on normal days.
    Need some help guys

americans...
    are her parents weird in any way or what?
    Did you go there and made a good impression? say hello and stuff?
    are they anti vaccers or some other kind of flat earthists or anything?

You girlfriend obviously is scared by her parents. On the one hand Id not let that get in the way between us - on the other hand I would not force my gf to anything.
    Its a tight line.
    Why not invite both girls to dinner before prom and arive there together? parents dont need to know and the friend of your girl can get her and drive her to the restaurant?
    You could even surprise your girlfriend with that (tho i dont know if shes into that^^)

Be nice to her best friend. She is the best ally you have and the worst enemy you could have. So make her enjoy the evening if you can.

also if you manage this and appear at prom with TWO girls - you are the personal hero of every other kid present there.
    PS: Be modest about it.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

I understand being young and these things can seem like a big deal, but honestly... what's the big deal? You still get to be her date for the prom, and she gets to save face with her parents by going with her friend. Soon high school will be over and things like this won't seem like such a big deal. The whole idea of prom is that it's fun!
    "Caring is not an advantage."