+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I doing something wrong?

Am I doing something wrong?

I tell my girlfriend that she is beautiful everyday and she says it "winds her up."
    She says she doesn't like sex and we're not doing it, but she said she might consider sex with her all time fantasy celebrity actor.
    She says I am "obsessed" with her although I don't see her that often because I'm working and only get 1 day off per week. Although I do text her everyday.
    I love her and her children, do lots for them and she says I am a kind and generous person.
    We have been back together for over 2 years now.
    We were married when we were young but divorced over 25 years ago. Both going our separate ways, her having children, but I never did.
    I do love her but I'm not sure she feels the same way even though she says she does.
    Any advice?

well if you like your nonexistant relationship the way it is, bringing in the money and treating her like a princess while she obviously treats you like a servant

then no you are not doing anything wrong.
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

1. you can be obsessed with somebody without being with them every day.
    2. you do sound obsessed with her
    3. she sounds like a horrible person and i myself wouldn't be with such a person like that
    4. it sounds like she's using you b/c you're so willing to do so many things for you - but in an instant she'll leave you for somebody else (like she already did 25 yrs ago).

i'd leave her. she's doing nothing for you nor cares to.
    you need to let her go.

It's a huge step back to go from marriage to seeing them once per week. She doesn't care for you the same way you do for her, that's obvious. You need to decide if you believe you deserve better, and if you do believe that, then you should consider leaving this relationship to pursue someone whose goals and relationship needs are more closely aligned with yours.
    "Caring is not an advantage."