+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being lead on?

Am I being lead on?

I started talking to this girl in September. We went on a couple of dates and things were going well. We talk every single day all day. We would hang out about twice a week. The one night I brought flowers and it went over very well. We end every date with me paying and a nice kiss . However about two weeks ago I asked about making that step into a relationship. She said she doesn't want to hurt me and that I am so nice. She said "I am not done" however I cannot do a relationship due to how ow busy she is with work and school at the moment. A week later we were together and we ended up kissing again.

Since then she got super flirty and even drove two hours to go to a concert with me. Last week a coworker crashed at her place to nights in a row. She keeps talking about him and how much they have in common. Jokingly said someone has a crush and she said "me? No". I haven't brought it up since and just laughed it off

Am I setting myself up for heartbreak?

Sounds to me like she is keeping her options open for the time being and you should do the same. Are you setting yourself up for heartbreak? Depends. Are you hoping for more? You mention school? I am beginning to understand 'school' in the US can mean anything up to 25 but in UK school generally means 18 and under. IF, she is very young, she is probably not looking for commitment yet, just fun! How old are you? Nobody likes being pressurised into anything so, if you take my advice, you meet up with her plus lots of other friends and go with the flow babe. Make sense?

It makes sense. I am 23 and she is 20. Maybe we are looking for different things right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavs12 View Post

Am I setting myself up for heartbreak?
    Yes. She's told you outright that she doesn't have time for you so stop paying for your dates and letting her string you along. She's having other men stay over at her house and telling you about it so take her at face value... someone that doesn't have time for a relationship but makes time for this other guy at work. Ya see?

Stop spending your money on her and if you want to keep seeing her then do it just for the sex. Wear a rubber. Me? I'd just stop seeing her altogether and let the guy at work have her... she's fluff.

Oh.. and don't be her "friend." You'll end up being her male girlfriend who pays for her shit.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion