+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! Need Advice Badly

Lost In My Own Thaughts

Hello to everyone in the forum community. I am currently in college and have questions about things in general that I'm heavily confused on. To understand I'll give a background story quickly. All through my life I struggled with weight being fat. Girls were not interested in me through high school probably because of my weight and appearance. And worst of all which is my biggest weakness is that I am shy and introverted. I can't help it that I'm more of an observer than a speaker... And I HATE IT! Since every time I've tried to show attraction to a girl it never went anywhere and I never really had practice with girls. Being shy sucks and shits on my confidence. But, I could never imagine how it would be to be skinny... but something in me clicked my senior year of high school. Starting from September to June I managed to lose 50 lbs! Regardless today I've lost like 75 pounds and nothing has changed. As I said before I never had experience with girls for many reasons I now can look back and see why people were not interested in being more than friends. Thing is that I am a very nice sweet guy and pride myself to not be a douche bag. The few times that I actually had confidence to talk to a girl that I thought was cute I feel like I screw it up some how. Like I have said before since I don't have experience when I try to flirt I often choke and don't know what to do/say. Even just go up to a girl and have the confidence to introduce myself and actually for once do the right things. I tend to overthink everything but at the same time I need to say the right things. And can't come off as the guy who's annoying, needy or a creep... I over hear too many stories on campus of the consistent guy who he comes off weird. I just would love some guidance so I can confidently talk to girls while showing that I am interested while showing I'm a great guy. Thanks, if you've gotten this far but I would love to hear what people have to think about my issue.
    Last edited by RenaissanceMan; 22-10-15 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Spelling

First off congratz on losing weight! Losing weight is a good start but not the magic bullet. I feel if you want to attract girls you need to have a good social group. The more you are involved with people, the more confidence you will have. Work on getting involved with activities on campus, and build relationships. Eventually you will be comfortable enough to ask a girl out.

Going out of your way to show how great a guy you are is not the thing to do. You shouldn't have to prove anything. That will get rid of the creep factor....you know trying to hard to please to get attention, it's just wrong.

You need to be chill, aloof, and don't ever push for attention.