+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I dont know what to do anymore (please help)

I dont know what to do anymore (please help)

I'll try to make it short..

Ok,so there is one girl that I was in love with and we used to be really good friends
    (and to be honest I still have feelings for her and that is although she rejected me
    when I first told her that I like her about a half year ago and although she gave me
    all the possible signs that she doesnt see me that way)
    I was really blind to this situation and I always tried to please her and to support her
    no matter what, and even when she told me about her ex who was "the best thing in her life"
    or when she mentioned other guys she like I was there,standing and listening
    like nothing happend because I never had the courage to tell her to stop but deep inside
    my emotions we're going crazy and I was literally ready to kill someone.
    And now,a year passed and I'm still stuck at the same point and I feel like she never
    really appreciated our friendship or anything I did for her
    and its not that I regret about anything, I'm really happy that we meet at the first place
    and that she took a part of my life but its just not it anymore :/
    I tried to remain friends with her and to "kill" my emotions but it didnt work so well
    and in the past week she was kinda "disappeared" and we barely talked which makes it
    even harder if thats not enough because all I'm thinking about is her
    and all the memories we had through this year (again,we never had an actual relationship
    we we're just friends) and i tried to ask her a couple of times if everything is alright and if shes mad at me or something
    but she said that everything is fine and it didnt seem like she even cares at all and I just cant take it anymore,
    it really drives me insane.
    maybe I'm just overthinking or over reacting and it was probably all my fault at the first place,
    I'm really not blaming her for a single thing and I'm not looking to blame anyone except for myself,
    I just need your help, how to move on from someone you really love,someone who meant the world for you?

Its funny,if at the beggining of our friendship I was afraid that she will ever find one of my threads here
    so now I wish she would read it and realize how much she meant for me

That's the billion dollar question. Unfortunately were humans and can't turn our emotions off.
    You felt strongly for this woman, and she didn't feel the same way back at you. It happens.

You just keep circulating. You become a better version of yourself. Work out, eat better, focus on college/school/career, your hobbies and find new hobbies.

What helps me is I look at the situation for what it is, not better than it is, not worse than it is.
    She doesn't care, so what's the point?
    Do you really want to have to try to make someone care? No, of course not. And the truth is, we can't make that happen regardless.
    I've been in that situation plenty of times, with flings and women I've dated who I wanted but no longer wanted me. It sucked/sucks. But it is what it is.

I admire your honesty about the situation though. It takes courage to admit mistakes, and acknowledging mistakes is how you create self improvement.

You are suffering from oneitis
    It's cureable
    And you can google it

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    That's the billion dollar question. Unfortunately were humans and can't turn our emotions off.
    You felt strongly for this woman, and she didn't feel the same way back at you. It happens.

You just keep circulating. You become a better version of yourself. Work out, eat better, focus on college/school/career, your hobbies and find new hobbies.

What helps me is I look at the situation for what it is, not better than it is, not worse than it is.
    She doesn't care, so what's the point?
    Do you really want to have to try to make someone care? No, of course not. And the truth is, we can't make that happen regardless.
    I've been in that situation plenty of times, with flings and women I've dated who I wanted but no longer wanted me. It sucked/sucks. But it is what it is.

I admire your honesty about the situation though. It takes courage to admit mistakes, and acknowledging mistakes is how you create self improvement.
    alright thanks! I'll keep that in mind.
    I guess that from now on I just have to get used to the fact that our friendship is coming to an end..

It happens, but eventually it just gets exhausting doesn't it? To continue caring about someone that doesn't really care all that much back.
    That's always how I've felt. It's more of a relief when you come to terms with that mindset. It's a weight taken off your shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    It happens, but eventually it just gets exhausting doesn't it? To continue caring about someone that doesn't really care all that much back.
    That's always how I've felt. It's more of a relief when you come to terms with that mindset. It's a weight taken off your shoulders.
    and how do you deal with all the memories that float in your mind after its over?

Quote Originally Posted by AT95 View Post
    and how do you deal with all the memories that float in your mind after its over?
    I accept them as what they are, memories. I'll say things like, hey I had a really great time with that woman, but things just didn't work out.
    I just get tired of thinking about it. Tired in all aspects, mentally and physically. Especially after you've thought about everything and mentally beat it to a pulp.
    It's really not worth it, and eventually you need to just let things go.

There's probably 4 or so women from my past that I would like to work things out with or see again. But its just not realistic.
    It's okay though. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. That's part of romance.

And when one door closes, another one opens elsewhere. So you need to be patient and go for what you want. Take new risks and meet the next great person.