+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is love blind?

Is love blind?

I have this friend who's a girl that i happend to become friends w/her by some divine intervention it seems like...we went to highschool together and for the whole first semester she was in my class we never talked or even glanced at eachother yet everyone else in the class seemed to really enjoy her company, then she left halfway thru first semester to live with her father and started attending a different school and that lasted for about 3 months all the while i never even realized she was gone..sub-consciously i did i think but it didn't bother me, until the day she came back i was sittin in class when i glanced at the door just as she was walkin in and she looked directly at me this is the first thing she had ever said to me "Did you miss me?" i said no jokingly not knowing what to expect..yet in the back of my mind something told me i had missed her and somehow been waitin for her return

Neway from that day three yrs. ago on we have been the best of friends(i started to date her cousin, but me and her still spent the most time together as if we were dating and not me and her cousin;we even have a song "differences" by ginuwine) but i still never had a desire to be with this person other than a lustful desire but i knew that was the only desire i had to be with her and that wasn't enough. Until, we stopped talkin for about a year and just started up again about 1 1/2 months ago, at which point i realized i can't be without this person; and i found myself gettin jealous towards any guy she talked to(infact we both realized my jealousy and got in a fight about it, i think we realized there was some feelings there now but neither one of us said anything) and everyone say's we fight like a married couple yet we've never even considered being in a relationship; we had a brief talk about it before she left me agian(thats right i'm without her again after i went to jail recently and before i didnt even notice that we werent talkin, we just gradually stopped but now it seems harder to not be with her or even talk to her) i asked her if she ever thought about what it would be like if we were a couple and she said yes but we both said it would ruin our friendship

So i guess i'm wonderin if anyone can make since of my weird situation do u think i waited to long to realize it or are the signs there now, i mean we tell eachother i love you all the time, we have had some of the best times of our lives when it's just us, we make everything fun, were always laughing together, and we seem to be able to do all this with out all the material things needed for most realtionships like money and gifts

Should i throw caution to the wind and go to where she's at and tell her how i feel and deal with the consequences of what might happen to our friendship i'm positive that if we were in a realtionship it would be the best one either of us will ever be in we have the most fun together and i'm at my best when i'm with her or she's in my life, yet the fact that it can end scare's me and i think her as well that we might not be able to be friends anymore..and i'm not one for signs from god but lookin back on the last day we spent together the day we had the conversation we watched "My Girl" with McCauley Culkin and she said that was us and i agree, then we had the conversation and i helped her put hearts and love stickers on her new car, then she took me to work, I got arrested that night and i havent seen her since yet we still talk thru text's and stuff...that was two weeks ago now she's livin with her aunt and talkin to a new guy which she claims she's falling for him and she's tryin to get into a college where she lives; and even tho were in the same state i feel like i've lost her forever, so should i just let her now how i feel before it's too late...there's so many reasons i can think of why she could and should be together..except that one universal rule that seems to plague every guy "we were friends first"...PLEASE HELP any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bscottpoe18; 05-08-08 at 11:51 AM.

Break this into paragraphs and I might offer some advice.

sorry to be impatient but someone please reply...

Quote Originally Posted by bscottpoe18 View Post
    sorry to be impatient but someone please reply...
    It still isn't in paragraphs. Line breaks =/= paragraphs.

No, love is not blind. It has a lot to do with visual stimulation in fact. Don't know if that has anything to do with what you wrote but I did answer you thread question though. lol
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

If you're still in jail, you can't date her from there.

If you aren't, would you be able to date her at all bearing in mind you live in different places?

You should have made a move earlier, when she was single (maybe while you were watching the movie). Now wait to see what's gonna happen in her current relationship, get you life together, stay out of jail, then when she breaks with the guy tell her about your feelings (that is if you're still gonna have them).

Okay let me start by sayin im young(19 as a matter of fact), and to most people they would say "ah you don't know what love is".,but if i don't like sleeping because she's there in my dreams and i cant not think about her...and she's told me quote "your the one person i can honestly say i've had the time of my life with...and the only boy i've ever loved with all her heart" yet we've both agreed we can't be in a relationship because our friendship is too strong; i said that partially because i was scared it might ruin our friendship, do think she said it for the same reason's?

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    It still isn't in paragraphs. Line breaks =/= paragraphs.
    i tried to fix it sry tho i guess i'm too stupid to do line break i tried increasing the indent and aligning it that was the only way i could think of fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citycat View Post
    If you're still in jail, you can't date her from there.

If you aren't, would you be able to date her at all bearing in mind you live in different places?

You should have made a move earlier, when she was single (maybe while you were watching the movie). Now wait to see what's gonna happen in her current relationship, get you life together, stay out of jail, then when she breaks with the guy tell her about your feelings (that is if you're still gonna have them).
    no i'm not in jail nemore and don't get the wrong impression it was for traffic tickets im not a jailbird lol...and i believe i will always have these feelings for this girl...

would you be able to date her at all bearing in mind you live in different places?

Quote Originally Posted by Citycat View Post
    would you be able to date her at all bearing in mind you live in different places?
    i would be willin to but i think it's a better idea for me to go were she's at or for her to come to me, i mean we both live in the same state about 1 1/2 hr apart...

I don't get it when people reject others to save the friendship when they are doing the exact opposite once that happens. I lay the cards on the table to a friend for example and tell her I love her, she tells me that she doesn't want to ruin our friendship, and thus I tell her relationship or no relationship but no friend ship either because I am not willing to spend time with someone I love knowing I can't have them. I never got other peoples behavior in these situations.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

if somebody dated my cousin i wouldn't even consider dating them.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I wanna butt in here... the way I see dating is that you and your gf/bf is your best friend. You want to spend time with them. How can it ruin your "friendship"? It can only grow stronger.
    TJ the µß3R Trance Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    if somebody dated my cousin i wouldn't even consider dating them.
    ty,ty,ty everbody for ur advice i appreciate it greatly....and misombra when me and her cousin were together it seemed like she wanted me more. i know i know girls/guys always want what they can't have. but wth this girl it's different i respect every girl and she knows that...let me put it this way i know in her heart she knows i would be the best boyfriend for her, she knows she would get treated like a queen; i mean we both admitted to thinking about the possibilty of us as a couple rather frequently but it's like we hit the friendship brick wall and we're too afraid of the outcome in the end, so in other words if i got with this girl i would want to, have to, and be willing to spend the rest of my life with her,i just don't think thats possible in todays world; albeit girl/guy jealousy or any other reasons under the breakup umbrella which could cause us to split for good and neither one of us want that......i mean people try and break our friendship up now just because there jealous of the time and fun we have together. i mean we make everything fun,when we're together we get amused just like were little ass kids again and it doesn't take much effort either.