+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YOU settle the bill on first date. does it sound ok to you?

AGREE! I'm all about chivalry....I forget how annoying of an issue money is when dating! I just know that a considerate, courteous woman eventually pays for some of the dates herself when it is apparent that a relationship is forming....but if a guy is really strapped for money and can't afford alot- be creative and think of something else to do that doesn't involve any! Creativity and thoughtfulness are far more seductive than money (to me). The first few dates should be about deciding whether or not there is chemistry- not about who is going to pay for what and how much to spend.
    Last edited by Lulu; 16-02-10 at 04:44 PM.

Sounds as if you got played, next time, insist on it or settle with the waiters that he hasn't paid and let the waiters settle it while you walk out the door.

Who the **** goes to a restaurant that expensive on a first date? Maybe for a one year anniversary. The only times i've ever gone to restaurants that pricey was when the company was paying for it, if they're not fronting the bill, I sure as hell won't, and I earn 6 figures. There are much more rewarding things to spend $200 on than on filet mignon and bad conversation.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by teresa_w View Post
    sorry for confusion everyone. The currency is NOT US$ of course. If it's converted, it's around 65$ USD according to the prevailing exchange rate.

For the bill thing, he DID NOT move a bit but just WATCH before, during, and after my giving $200 to the waiter(but of course he couldn't see clearly how much I pay exactly so he must have thought I paid for his portion so he didn't even say ONE WORD!). After the waiting came back to our table, he waiter looked at him and showed him the money ($200) wasn't enough to cover the whole (which is around $500). So he gave the waiter $300 and I realized by then that the bill was actually $500 not $400 I thought after taking into account the tea for two people. So I pay my portion ($50 for MY tea) by giving him $100 (coz I got no $50 in my wallet) and he changed me $50. Is that okay for everyone now?
    I don't think he's a jerk for not paying the whole bill, I think he's a jerk for not thanking you or saying anything when he thought you paid his share. Also, considering he picked the restaurant and invited you, it would be customary for him to pay, or at the very least try to pay the bill and if you then offer to split the bill with him or something like that, then thats between the two of you, but he should make the move to pay first.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok, so you split the bill 50/50 ..whats the damn problem???

Hes not a jerk for not paying the full amount, he shouldve maybe said something when it looked like you were paying the whole bill, but it all worked out in the end, yes?

Now im confused at to what you were paying in!!!? As far as i know, the exchange rate isnt that good/bad whichever way you look at it!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    this tea had better have been made from marijuana for me to enjoy it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I for one would NOT be impressed, if, a guy asked me out on a date, then expected me to pay.

If HE asks ME out on a date, he pays, simple.

The fact that he watched you pay, is dispicable

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^ do you always expect for your guys to pay? or do you atleast offer to pay for half??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I know this is the ask a female part but I feel I gotta throw this in....so for a minute you can call me sarah if that will help.

In my experience women almost always offer to pay half...I'm somewhat old fashioned so I always decline and just say I got it...they always say "are you sure" and I always say yea no problem I'm happy to. I think its almost a test to be honest with you. I think women want to see if I will accept them to pay or not....I don't know what they get from that but it seems like they don't ever really wanta pay they just wanta see if I will accept the money.

But as I said I am old fashioned I grab the bill I get the door I always let the lady order first and I always walk her to her door even if nothing is expected in the way of a kiss or getting to go in....I just see it as good manners.

Plus I generally shoot outta my league anyways so I figure I'd better treat whoever I'm out with pretty well because I'm still not sure why they agreed to go out with me to begin with.
    Last edited by dewilliams2; 17-02-10 at 09:28 AM.

^^ I paid for dinner once for my current gf when we first started dating, and the beautiful goddess of a woman actually got upset that I didn't let her

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    ^^ I paid for dinner once for my current gf when we first started dating, and the beautiful goddess of a woman actually got upset that I didn't let her
    I thought you broke up with that "goddess" of a woman?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It was on and off for a while... kind of rough. We've made up though, things have been very good.

If he asked you out on Valentine's Day and couldn't pay $65 he's either cheap or broke. Obviously he doesn't care much about making a good impression which possibly means he doesn't particularly like you all that much. The good news is you aren't missing out!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123