+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He wants me to settle for less by being with him

He wants me to settle for less by being with him

My guy says my expectations in the relationship are to high - that I expect too much from him. He is not focused on our relationship, but, rather, what's going on in his life - and he complains that if I were with him in his environment more (at his house and dismissing all of my responsibilities), I wouldn't feel slighted like I do.
    It's clear that he can't give any more to me of himself than he has and he actually said to me "Maybe if you lowered your expectations we'd be happy and get along!"
    How should I respond to this...we're not litteraly "together" in a relationship - he does his thing and I do mine.
    What man in his right mind would be OK with a woman settling for less and staying in a relationship with them????
    Explanation: I expect him to spend more time with me (and he can't because he has too much going on in his life)
    and I expect him to treat me different than his friends - which he doesn't - he extends himself to everyone equally and other than sex, him and I share nothing that is just for us - he is just a nice guy who will save EVERYONE and the way he is with me, is the way he is nurturing and caring with everyone...He doesn't see this, but I have many examples of how he gives and gives to everyone and I get minimum.
    Last edited by Brooklyn Rose; 29-12-09 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Further explaining.

Can you give examples of why he thinks you're expectations are too high? Maybe they are.

you have to understand that guys sees success in their careers and girls sees success in relationship/ marriage/ family. I think he is just being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Rose View Post
    What man in his right mind would be OK with a woman settling for less and staying in a relationship with them????
    What woman in her right mind would settle for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Rose View Post
    How should I respond to this...we're not litteraly "together" in a relationship - he does his thing and I do mine.
    Spammer Spanker

never settle. there are WAY too many good people out there.

He is shifting the blame on you. A guy who values you will at least try to accommodate your needs, not simply say the problem lies on you. Dump him.

Well just sounds like he is the wrong man for you. Move on for someone who is ready for a relationship.
    "You are a reflection of your friends (and lovers)"