+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my online relationship in trouble?

Is my online relationship in trouble?

Hi, all.

I met this amazing guy online about a year ago. We started off friends but we secretly liked each other. Two months ago, he told me and we've been together ever since (well, as together as you can be whenn you live on opposite sides of the world). He's planning to visit me in August.

We care about each other a lot, and usually, we have no difficulties at all, but occasionally, we'll have an awkward day where we have nothing to say to each other. We often talk for hours and it's great, but these awkward days leave me feeling kind of crap. And I think they have the same effect on him. I like to think it's natural because we talk so much, eventually we're gonna run out of stuff to say sometimes. But I don't know. What do you guys think?

We're usually open with each other but I don't really want to bring this up with him.

I think you are worrying needlessly. Of course there are going to be days when neither of you doesn't have a lot to say or don't feel like talking like that much.
    Sounds like the communication between you two is consistant anyway - I'd be worrying more if you were not hearing from him for days at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I think you are worrying needlessly. Of course there are going to be days when neither of you doesn't have a lot to say or don't feel like talking like that much.
    Sounds like the communication between you two is consistant anyway - I'd be worrying more if you were not hearing from him for days at a time.
    Haha, no fear of that happening. He says hello every chance he gets. We love each other and we're serious about this relationship. I've never been in a real one before (never been allowed) so I don't really know what's normal and what's not. I guess it's just hard because ours relies solely on verbal communication. We can't touch or go places together so we have to rely on having things to say.

I'm really glad you think I'm worrying about nothing though. I was hoping that was the case lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rubella View Post
    Haha, no fear of that happening. He says hello every chance he gets. We love each other and we're serious about this relationship. I've never been in a real one before (never been allowed) so I don't really know what's normal and what's not. I guess it's just hard because ours relies solely on verbal communication. We can't touch or go places together so we have to rely on having things to say.

I'm really glad you think I'm worrying about nothing though. I was hoping that was the case lol
    Being in that situation before I know where you are coming from. Like you I would get a little worried if communication slacked a little and he wasn't so talkative one day, as he had been the previous. But when he'd talk, he'd talk....and we'd talk for hours on the phone. I was in my situation for around 8 months and before we eventually met...

Don't worry, all sounds pretty healthy to me Good Luck when you meet him btw.....it will be the most 'nerve racking' day of your life, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Being in that situation before I know where you are coming from. Like you I would get a little worried if communication slacked a little and he wasn't so talkative one day, as he had been the previous. But when he'd talk, he'd talk....and we'd talk for hours on the phone. I was in my situation for around 8 months and before we eventually met...

Don't worry, all sounds pretty healthy to me Good Luck when you meet him btw.....it will be the most 'nerve racking' day of your life, lol.
    Oh, God, really? D: You talked on the phone and it was STILL scary when you met? I'm screwed then, because I'm still shy about talking to him on Skype! We type to each other with webcam on because I don't want my family to hear us talk. We've had had proper conversations on Skype a few times but I'm still nervous when we do it. He's patient, though. Are you still with your partner? Are you still living apart or what? Tell me, I'm really interested!

Edited privacy
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 06-05-10 at 11:24 PM.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ummm, its in trouble to start because you have never met. What is the point in 'being' with someone on the opposite side of the world unless you have the intention to move there or vice versa.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

OP, how old are you?
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    ummm, its in trouble to start because you have never met. What is the point in 'being' with someone on the opposite side of the world unless you have the intention to move there or vice versa.
    It's actually ok to be polite sometimes. Just letting you know.

And he and I DO have plans to live together, if our real life meetings work out. I will be moving to Boston and sharing his apartment if we get along well in real life.

EDIT: And PussyCatDoll, I am 18. An adult. Up until now, I've never been allowed to be in a relationship with boys and I went to an all-girl school. So I don't really know how this stuff works lol.
    Last edited by Rubella; 07-05-10 at 05:13 AM.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubella View Post
    It's actually ok to be polite sometimes. Just letting you know.

I was just saying it how it is. I wasnt impolite..would you like me to be to see the difference?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.