+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In trouble cause I talked to GFs friends about our relationship. What should i do?

In trouble cause I talked to GFs friends about our relationship. What should i do?

So I'm in a long distance relationship that has been a bit of a rollercoaster. For the most part we have been good, but there have definitely been some rough patchs. I am moving back to where we share an apartment in about 1 1/2 months (been away for 4 1/2).
    So here's the thing, I'm usually not a jealous guy, but she went out with some well to do dudes last friday and i got a bit jealous cause i didn't hear from her all night...so i sort of wrongfully interrogated her. I know, not the smartest thing to do, and certainly not sexy to be jealous. I've learned that lesson. Well she was pretty upset about it. (even though i never swore, never raised my voice, and never accused her of doing anything wrong) i was just a bit insecure about the situation. Anyhow, she writes me a pretty harsh email saying that "we're on a break" and not to talk to her. So i'm totally heartbroken and far away, and i tried to contact a couple of her friends to get their perspective on it. Well, we ended up working it out. And i talked to one of her friends on the phone after the fact. I never said anything bad about her, i just said that i was a jealous jack ass, and what should i do? Well, her friend calls her up to make sure she is okay and tells my GF that we talked. SOOOOOO, now my GF is furious at me cause she thinks i went behind her back and gave up private information. I was just desperate and trying to get some insight from one of her friends. She sent me a text saying not to talk to her last night.....but i'm flying there tonight. (already had ticket and trip planned) I dont even know if she's going to show at the airport now. I dont think what i did was so terrible. I think its mostly just that i didnt understand shed get so upset about it. What do you girls think?

Okay, first of all there should BE no private information if everyone is being honest and acting right.

Secondly, there's noting wrong with feeling jealous and insecure when your girlfriend goes out with other guys and doesn't contact you at all. Unless there's something you're not telling us, she has you extremely pussy whipped and treats you pretty badly.
    Spammer Spanker

While Giga's right, I would never talk to a girlfriends friends about our relationship.

Haha, you might be right about that....although pussy whipped makes me sound like a total pushover, which I'm not. lol. To her credit she was also with another girlfriend and has never really given me reason before not to trust her. It was just that i called her at 12:30am when i was going to bed and didnt hear from her. Then she calls me at 2:15am to tell me she's leaving her girlfriends boyfriends fancy loft....so of course i start asking questions. Anyhow, what do i do now? I mean i love her in alot of ways, but i also dont think i should put up with being treated poorly just cause i made the mistake of talking to her friends. I realize she wants her privacy, so i think it was just a misunderstanding....and I'm not going to do it again obviously. Do you think what i did really warrants this kind of silent treatment though?

While I would also be pissy about you calling my friends, I don't think it warrants the silent treatment, no. I think she's acting guilty and I don't like it. Maybe she didn't actually DO anything, but she's acting like it's none of your business, which sends up a red flag for me.
    Spammer Spanker