+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Voicemail Messages

Voicemail Messages

I searched and didn't see any topics on this, so lets discuss. Everyone's initial goal is to get digits. But what do you do when they don't answer the phone? You don't want to be the guy from Swingers that keeps calling back to ramble on about their voicemail cutting you off because you were rambling on. It should stay short and simple.

From a guys and girls prospective, how important is it to have the proverbial "ball in your court". What I mean is, when you leave a voicemail message is it better to say:

"Hi Jill it's Jack. Give me a call back when you get a chance. Talk to you later."

or

"Hi Jill it's Jack. I guess you're not around. I'll try you again some other time."

The first one meets the criteria of "short and simple", but it leaves the ball in their court. The second also meets the criteria of "short and simple", but the ball is still in your court.

Does this matter to you? How would you react when listening to either message? Would it be considered borderline stalkerish to call back a few days later in either situation?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't leave voicemail messages. Call and if she doesn't answer send a text message. Voicemail is too risky.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Don't leave voicemail messages. Call and if she doesn't answer send a text message. Voicemail is too risky.
    I'm not afraid of voicemail messages and texting seems kind of weak, but that's just me. If you leave a voicemail you're 99% sure they know about it. Although pretty rare today, not everyone has a texting plan with their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler78 View Post
    I'm not afraid of voicemail messages and texting seems kind of weak, but that's just me. If you leave a voicemail you're 99% sure they know about it. Although pretty rare today, not everyone has a texting plan with their phone.
    It would be better to call than to text. Texting is too impersonal.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wtf is a texting plan?? Maybe it's cultural. Australians text the f-ck out of their phones. People text more than they call here.

It's pretty much impossible to sound cool on a voicemail message.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    wtf is a texting plan?? Maybe it's cultural. Australians text the f-ck out of their phones. People text more than they call here.

It's pretty much impossible to sound cool on a voicemail message.
    Texting plans are part of what you pay every month for using your phone. Google search "texting plans".

When you speak you project intonation. You can't do that with texting. That's why I feel voicemail messages will always be a better idea than texting, and you can totally sound cool on a voicemail message. Just remember to keep it short and don't ramble.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Only leave a voicemail if you are totally comfortable doing so! I've heard so many weak voicemails where guys have tripped over their words or forgot what they were gonna say!

I'd prefer a guy to call, definately, but if he cant get hold of me then a text instead is fine..i will be able to see he made the effort to call- and that whats matters really.

Yeh, we brits text the fck out of our phones too, its totally easy to flirt by text whereas it could be really awkward in a phonecall!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    personally i'll call once... then i'll wait a couple of days if they didn't pick up. if they don't call back by about 3 days, i'll probably try again, but i'm already not expecting them to pick up or call me back. i'd never leave a voicemail because they obviously seen the miscall. if they are absolutely clueless, instead of the second call, i might leave a text to let them know who i am, but that is it...nothing more.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...