+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on situation with ex

Advice on situation with ex

So, we broke up about three months ago. He ended it, but to be fair I was almost about to a couple of days earlier. We'd started arguing a lot and, after a year together, he was still having trouble talking about our future (I'm late 20's, he's 32 with a little girl from his last 5yr relationship).

I was pretty heartbroken when it ended, but have since sorted out a lot of stuff in my life and even went on a few dates. I've not met anyone I've felt anywhere near as good with as I did with my ex though. I really miss him.

When we broke up, my ex said that he needed to sort his life out, find some direction etc. He said he had no interest in dating anyone else. Now, a few month later, he is saying that misses me (I went no contact after the break up, to allow myself to move on, but throught he has found excuses to contact me and we have had a few good chats, but I wanted to keep this to a minimum)

I'd really love to give it another try, but he hasn't suggested that. He just says he misses me and wishes we could talk more often etc. I'm scared that if I mention giving it another go relatively soon after the break up, I'll scare him off. Should I just continue with no contact and see if he initiates a reconciliation? Or should I suggest we try again?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell him you still need time to heal, and unless he is interested in getting more serious, you'd rather he just not talk to you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?