+ Follow This Topic

Thread: love notes. what to do

love notes. what to do

3 weeks ago my ex broke up with me. i still have my bed, dresser and little stuff i can throw in my car still at the apartment. but i was thinking about it, in my top drawer of my dresser there are notes from her, for all kinds of things: christmas, birthdays, our 2 years, our 3 years. all saying i love you and all happy things. so my question is, what should i do with them. just throw them on the floor, or set them on the floor, or put them in the trash or crumble them then put them in the trash for her to see? what one should i do, because im definitely not keeping them

In my opinion since you don;t want to keep them,you should just throw them away and not make a scene about it.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

Chuck 'em.

tremolo Guest
    I had similar things in portfolio... cards, photos of the flowers he bought me, tickets from events, etc. Once I was certain we weren't going to get back together, I chucked the whole portfolio in a trash bag so I didn't have to see anything that was in it.

I deleted everything I had from her on my pc. Email, photos etc.

Binned her letter and cards etc and anything else I had that reminded me of her.

I always box everything up and store it, I have several of these boxes now. . .

Speaking of which, the huge 36"x18" valentines card mine got me is still behind my dresser, that can't fit in a box, so it goes in the garbage. Thanks for the reminder!

Yeah those things meant something when they were written. While they might not have held up through time, one day coming across those old love notes in your garage will make you smile with pride that you had something good once with someone special instead of reflecting back on all the heart break which won't effect you then. I'm not saying you keep them around to constantly look at to remind yourself of the loss, but once they're gone you'll forget some of the really nice things they had to say about you once upon a time.

I'd say just put them in a box somewehere. You never know what the futuer may bring...who knows maybe some day down the road you'll get back together.